Is our pump powerful enough for the size of pool?

Jul 19, 2017
Kent
Hi

We have a sand filter pump which pumps approximately 1000 gallons per hour, but it doesn't seem particularly powerful when we have used it to vaccum the pool.
I read that you can get more powerful pumps, but that it's important to ensure they are appropriate for the size of pool and not too powerful.

Could anyone advise the optimum pump for the size of pool that we have?
Also, I noted that two speed pumps are recommended - would this be suitable for us with a SWG?

Thanks!

None of the intex pumps are all that powerful but they generally do work. Most people up grade the pump to get better vacuuming action with a pool vacuum. Or they leave their intex pool up permanently and use it more like a traditional hardsided aboveground pool.

Unless you feel like you pump is lacking in some significant way as long as its moving water its fine. Just remember algae is a chemistry problem not a pump of filter problem.

Thanks Kimkats for bumping.

Thanks CJadamec - that's useful to know. I was really thinking about the vacuuming, so think for now we will stick with the pump we have and see how it goes. I have seen some battery operated vaccums which might be worth a go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.