What does your pool paradise look like?

PoolguyinCT

In The Industry
Jul 21, 2014
Connecticut
can I ask where u got the cushion n covers for the loungers. They r so expensive everywhere I check.
During your build, I thought the raised design was going to be a goofy sore thumb..
I was wrong, very slick backdrop.. I really like it & I seen 1000s of pools.
Well done!!

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Thank you. It came out better than we imagined!
I'm wondering from a design perspective if it has to do with the length of the raised area. It is relatively long in relation to the pool which seems to be the difference between ones I like more and ones I like less. Makes it seem more substantial and heavy, grounding the pool.

sham

Silver Supporter
Mar 4, 2016
McKinney, TX
I'm wondering from a design perspective if it has to do with the length of the raised area. It is relatively long in relation to the pool which seems to be the difference between ones I like more and ones I like less. Makes it seem more substantial and heavy, grounding the pool.
I agree! it looks amazing!!

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Yeah, I think you nailed that one. The wall being as long as it is def made all the difference. If it were shorter, it would have looked like an afterthought.
The water bowls on the ends really tie it all together nicely.

plepo

Aug 10, 2016
philippines
Well this is a rental house with pool. So i didnt build. But to answer your main question,i think its harder to keep clean.No leaks in the grout,but seams to be where the alge likes to cling to. But that could be that im not a seasoned veteran in maintaining pool water balance. But im learning quickly.

jza1736

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Greenlawn, NY
Yeah, I think you nailed that one. The wall being as long as it is def made all the difference. If it were shorter, it would have looked like an afterthought.
The water bowls on the ends really tie it all together nicely.
The funny thing is the PBs Mason didn't know how to use a Tape measure and it worked out in our favor. We wanted to the wall to be 28' x 18" w/ 24" piers. They built it 32' x 21" w/ 28" piers. [emoji3]

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
The funny thing is the PBs Mason didn't know how to use a Tape measure and it worked out in our favor. We wanted to the wall to be 28' x 18" w/ 24" piers. They built it 32' x 21" w/ 28" piers. [emoji3]
You must have some good karma!

Other Threads of Interest