What does your pool paradise look like?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Lorri ALL pools are special! They are a work of love and enjoyed by those lucky enough to be able to use them. I will tell you that YOUR pretty pool is better than my neighbors................they don't have a pool!!! See what I am saying? It is YOUR paradise! Show it with pride!

Reactions: shonda_gonzalez

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Oh I like that masonry touch very much! It looks good Mariane! I don't know that I've ever seen anyone here do theirs with bricks. It also makes a nice divider to the patio. :goodjob:

Maddie :flower:

mariane

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Southeast Michigan
Thanks Maddie! It was done 10 years ago by a landscaper who specialized in brick. My husband wanted wood but I remember growing up all the work my dad did, staining the deck every year. There was a local handyman who had a radio program. He called a wood deck "that 4 letter word that lives in your backyard".
The paver stone deck has been great. Little if any upkeep. A little hot on the feet in the full sun but that goes away when we jump in the pool. :cool:

mariane

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Southeast Michigan
Your plants are GORGEOUS and make me wish I lived in a warmer climate! :love:

Our paradise, aka "post pool install landscaping," is scheduled for late Sept/early Oct, but it will be a north woods look, so not at all tropical. It's what we decided to do instead of buying out our family's cabin in northern MN. No driving/traffic, extra lawn mowing, re-roofing, or extra house cleaning - just our own little north woods getaway right in the backyard. 🌲🍁🐿 🏞 Bonus: Our pizza guy delivers to the backyard - the cabin didn't even have pizza delivery. 🍕 I'm excited to share pics when it's all done.
Will be looking forward to the pics. :cool:

kernul

Gold Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
Marin, CA
Wow what an amazing thread to view. That made my day. We are currently in the depths of never ending pool construction. But it's good to know there is light at the end of the tunnel! :swim:

Last edited:

S-Merry

Bronze Supporter
Jul 11, 2017
Minneapolis
Will be looking forward to the pics. :cool:
Thanks, I'm looking forward to them too! 🤪 Ugh, we're still a month out, and I'm SO TIRED of the mess we still have. We were hoping to keep the pool open for one last gathering once the yard was done, but if it the temps trend the way they've been going, we'll be closed before the landscaper even starts. 🥶

Also, the longer they take, the more we add ... waiting on quotes for a front yard overhaul now. I mean, if they're going to be here making a huge mess anyway, we might as well get it all over with at once, yes?