What does your pool paradise look like?

Where are the less than perfect pools?
No such thing.
Pools are a little like children....each one is unique, each one requires their own level of care, they can get on our last nerve, but at the end of the day, we love them all and wouldnt want to live without them.

Last edited:
Does anyone live close to Wyckoff NJ ? Next week I will be back here at my sons house. I have no clue how this SW system works. I’m now looking for a pool service but would like to understand more about this pool. If anyone would meet me at my sons house to show me. Marty D

Attachments

• D6ECF7E6-6DB9-44FD-8210-EE71F3755E7E.jpeg
    D6ECF7E6-6DB9-44FD-8210-EE71F3755E7E.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 149

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Maddie! It was done 10 years ago by a landscaper who specialized in brick. My husband wanted wood but I remember growing up all the work my dad did, staining the deck every year. There was a local handyman who had a radio program. He called a wood deck "that 4 letter word that lives in your backyard".
The paver stone deck has been great. Little if any upkeep. A little hot on the feet in the full sun but that goes away when we jump in the pool. :cool:

Your plants are GORGEOUS and make me wish I lived in a warmer climate! :love:

Our paradise, aka "post pool install landscaping," is scheduled for late Sept/early Oct, but it will be a north woods look, so not at all tropical. It's what we decided to do instead of buying out our family's cabin in northern MN. No driving/traffic, extra lawn mowing, re-roofing, or extra house cleaning - just our own little north woods getaway right in the backyard. ??? ? Bonus: Our pizza guy delivers to the backyard - the cabin didn't even have pizza delivery. ? I'm excited to share pics when it's all done.
Will be looking forward to the pics. :cool:

Wow what an amazing thread to view. That made my day. We are currently in the depths of never ending pool construction. But it's good to know there is light at the end of the tunnel! :swim:

Last edited:
Will be looking forward to the pics. :cool:

Thanks, I'm looking forward to them too! ? Ugh, we're still a month out, and I'm SO TIRED of the mess we still have. We were hoping to keep the pool open for one last gathering once the yard was done, but if it the temps trend the way they've been going, we'll be closed before the landscaper even starts. ?

Also, the longer they take, the more we add ... waiting on quotes for a front yard overhaul now. I mean, if they're going to be here making a huge mess anyway, we might as well get it all over with at once, yes?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.