Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Should I be concerned about the end caps eroding? Filters were used for 2 seasons, pool was crystal clear all summer.

Attachments

• IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 19
CB,

I have a CCP-520 and replaced the cartridges after 7 years.. Just because I got antsy... :mrgreen: The new cartridges made me feel better, but did not make any real difference the operation of the pool..

I guess my point is.. Two years is not very long, so what is causing the problem??? I have no idea, but it does not seem right to me.

Do you take the cartirdges out in the winter?? We don't close our pools down here, so my 7 years were with the pool running 24/7/365.

Thanks,

Jim R.

CB,

I have a CCP-520 and replaced the cartridges after 7 years.. Just because I got antsy... :mrgreen: The new cartridges made me feel better, but did not make any real difference the operation of the pool..

I guess my point is.. Two years is not very long, so what is causing the problem??? I have no idea, but it does not seem right to me.

Do you take the cartirdges out in the winter?? We don't close our pools down here, so my 7 years were with the pool running 24/7/365.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I have cleaned the filters and put them back in at the end of 3 pool seasons. The first pool season in 2021 was only 4-6 weeeks since the pool was installed in early fall of ‘21. So the filters overwinter inside the plastic containment with bottom plug removed and gauge removed as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.