My Answer to Hiding an Window AC Unit.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
A while back I posted this picture and asked for ideas on how I could hide the AC unit. The AC unit was not an issue before the pool was put in, but quite an eyesore after the pool was installed.

Original pic.....

dbtgallery.php

I received a lot of ideas on removing the AC unit, install a different style AC unit, or moving the AC unit.. while all were great ideas, none fit my specific needs.

So I build a beach-themed façade that allowed me to hide the AC unit and extend the woodworking shop, that the AC cools, by almost two feet.

Here are a couple of pics on how it looks now..

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

The AC unit is in the same basic position shown in the first pic.

Thanks for looking,

Jim R.

A while back I posted this picture and asked for ideas on how I could hide the AC unit. The AC unit was not an issue before the pool was put in, but quite an eyesore after the pool was installed.

Original pic.....

dbtgallery.php

I received a lot of ideas on removing the AC unit, install a different style AC unit, or moving the AC unit.. while all were great ideas, none fit my specific needs.

So I build a beach-themed façade that allowed me to hide the AC unit and extend the woodworking shop, that the AC cools, by almost two feet.

Here are a couple of pics on how it looks now..

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

The AC unit is in the same basic position shown in the first pic.

Thanks for looking,

Jim R.

That looks so amazing!! Very nice work!

So will it be a seasonal store then where you'll have to change the exterior decor four times per year? If this is your summer setup, what's in store for fall and winter??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.