Spa air line replacement to Len Gordon unit question

lexeverything

Jan 6, 2023
SoCal
Hi all. I had an spa air tubing line that was yanked from the piping years ago. I didn't do it. Anyhow, I am replacing the air line tubing to the air switch at the spa end. I ran a fish tape through the conduit and pulled a string through. I am going to fish the new clear vinyl tubing through and connect to the Len Gordon unit, but I had a question about how to leave that clear air tubing exposed at the equipment side - where it connects to the Len Gordon unit. I have seen pictures where the line exits the conduit and there is a wad of putty or something at the end of the pipe conduit coming out of the ground. I imagine this is to keep moisture and other things out of the conduit. Then the tube just runs naked and enters into the Len Gordon unit. Is the the way it should be installed? Should it be run in a plastic flex conduit to protect the tubing from sun exposure? No need?
Here is a pic... you can see the green string exiting the conduit stub. The Len Gordon unit is affixed to wall of house. Thanks for any info/advice!
airline.jpg

Doesn't look like you would have the problem, but I used to run the vinyl tubing just as you suggest, in flex conduit, to keep it safe from rodent damage. Helps with sun also. Saw a lot of older systems like yours in the more rural areas around here that had to have the tubing replaced. Don't glue the coupler to the rigid conduit coming out of the ground if you don't have to so that it is easier if the work has to be done again.

Wouldn't hurt to replace the button while you're at it if you haven't already done so. The bellows internally go bad eventually.

Amazingly, with all the automation available, that those near "bullet poof" air switches are still available. Replaced one about 10 months ago.

Reactions: lexeverything
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.