My Answer to Hiding an Window AC Unit.

If you look real close you can see that the top section of the door is slightly lighter in color than the lower parts. Solves the fact that the air needs to circulate for the A/C to work correctly. Where does the condensate go? That's what I've been trying to figure out...

If you look real close you can see that the top section of the door is slightly lighter in color than the lower parts. Solves the fact that the air needs to circulate for the A/C to work correctly. Where does the condensate go? That's what I've been trying to figure out...

I think if Jim were really cool, he'd figure out a way to capture the condensate and return it to the pool (CH & Alkalinity free water) AND, in order to make the A/C unit run more efficient, he'd hook up a HotSpot FPH unit to it - Heat Recovery Pool Heater | Compare To Solar Pool Heater | HotSpot Energy LLC

Ya' know...since he's handy and all.....

Bob,

It goes into a pan under the AC unit and then through a tube out the side of the structure. You just can't see it in the pics..

The AC sucks in cooling air from vents at the top and then out through the top of the door. The AC is isolated from the shop just like it would be if it were hung outside a window.

So far, I have had little if any condensation, but it has yet to get hot here this year.

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if Jim were really cool, he'd figure out a way to capture the condensate and return it to the pool (CH & Alkalinity free water) AND, in order to make the A/C unit run more efficient, he'd hook up a HotSpot FPH unit to it - Heat Recovery Pool Heater | Compare To Solar Pool Heater | HotSpot Energy LLC

Ya' know...since he's handy and all.....

Matt,

What I really should do is bottle the ground water that runs into a 10 foot deep "well" in the corner of my pool deck... When they put in my pool they hit an under ground spring, or my neighbors water line, I'm not sure which, but it runs 24/7 even in the middle of the summer... All I do with it now is pump it down the drain. :(

edit... When I was stationed at George AFB, the air force installed one of those recover units in every house on the base. Must have cost a fortune. It recovered the heat from the AC and gave it up to help the hot water heater. Then of course they closed the base and leveled all the housing units... :p

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.