LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
One year ago today TFP introduced our new software to the public. This was following several months of work and efforts from outside help and from our members. One of the main objectives of this update was to make it where we can start to expand the articles and content we display to the world. Today, we introduce another new bit of content............one where we will start to introduce ourselves to you, the public.

Today I'd like to share abit about myself. As a father of three girls I found myself on TFP learning all about pools. Rather than keep blabbling here, I'll let this article share more info about myself.

The house we fell in love with is surrounded by trees all around and sits on a large hill. While a pool is a possibility, it would be a major undertaking. Before her parents both passed away we would be there daily, and even now the house was “sold” to her sister, so I’m still stuck with all the dirty work while she gets to enjoy the water. ?

Great story! I would have never figured you didn’t own a pool. Thanks for all you guys do here. I have learned so much since I joined just over a year ago. The TFP way has been so easy to follow and it keeps my water ? perfect! It boggles my mind that every pool owner doesn’t do this. The helpful people here make this site awesome. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Let’s be honest, many of us males deep down inside greatly wanna play with a Flamethrower. A few of us have the guts to use one on a pool. I suspect there’s only ONE of us who have the guts deep down inside to fire up a flamethrower while wearing a speedo. ?

Let’s learn more about TFP Expert @bdavis466

Excellent article, Leebo! Thanks for the insight for all that you (and everyone else!) brings to the site. We are going on a little over a year having our pool and it's been crystal clear for 99.99% of that time...and the credit goes to TFP!

• Love
Reactions: bdavis466 and Leebo
I suspect most of us know this member in one way....................

Let's learn more about our Gif loving TFP Guide! @Arizonarob

I prefer to be known by this guy.....

D587A6F8-61D7-4DB6-A7D4-F70D6BDB8D01.gif

I've often debated about removing all the search bars on TFP and replace them with direct links to @ajw22 message box. There's few on the forum who's able to lead you to links for your answers like Allen, so let's take a few minutes to learn more about him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Allen has many different ways of working through a problems. It depends on the OP and their level of knowledge and their needs. He is one of the best out there and it is pleasure to ask for his help! He steps right up and gives the best help out there to just about any issue or concern! THANKS ALLEN! :hug:

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
One odd thing often about the internet is you form a photo of who's behind the keyboard. Sometimes it's right........others you're WAY off. This is one of those times I was WAY off.......... @Jimrahbe

While @Jimrahbe maybe one of TFP's more frequent posters, @bmoreswim maybe one of the more silent Moderators. Let's take a second to pry some info out of him.

• Love
Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Kurt,

What a great looking pool!!! The whole area is just amazing and I love the retaining wall. It has to be one of the best looking pools I have seen here at TFP.

Your pool is about the same size as my whole back yard.. Sigh!! :)

Thanks for letting us get to know you,

Jim R.

Reactions: Newdude
Thank you. Fun to be a part of the team. Waiting to extensively enjoy that yard again this year. Trying to hike a lot in the meantime.

Yesterday on the Appalachian Trail...with the first completed Washington Monument in the background.

I'm curious how you got into the NSDTR breed? I'm in the veterinary world (and a foster for two breed rescues), and they are a great breed you don't see too often.

I'm curious how you got into the NSDTR breed? I'm in the veterinary world (and a foster for two breed rescues), and they are a great breed you don't see too often.
Sure, in 2007 when our youngest was 4, we started looking for a dog. Actually my wife was, I wasn't (past tense) a dog person. Our goals were medium size because we didn't want so big my wife couldn't pick them up and preferred not to have them mouth level to the table. Then we are pretty active, walking and hiking a lot (and now swimming), and outside as much as possible. So we needed an activity oriented dog. We also appreciate their generally effective off-switch when inside. We considered many breeds, but when I showed Tollers to my wife, we both were very positive on them given their attributes. The breeder/vet in the area who we went to visit so we could see the breed (she wouldn't have puppies any time soon) was frank and said she wouldn't sell them to us with our son only being 4. Because they would be inclined to slot in above him on the pecking order in the household. But we felt we could get control of that situation with education and oversight and our son would also grow quickly. We clearly didn't get them to avoid cleaning up fur inside. So an expanded search led us to our first breeder about 4 hours away in VA.

The purchase process for the first one was reasonably involved. They would not either a) let you purchase from them just because you wanted to (they vetted you) and b) not let you choose your puppy (they are greatly concerned about matching purchasers with the dog best suited for your purpose). For us that meant essentially, getting the most laid back one of the litter, since we wouldn't be doing agility or various other activities. But their inherent nature leaves even the most laid back ones with plenty of energy for our needs. It was also a non-breeding purchase contract and we were required (or better considered as able to) to return them to the breeder at any time, versus giving them up to a shelter for any reason. The breeders are very protective of their stock and the breed.

Our second and third ones were more straightforward because we already were in the Toller family. The next one was from that vet we visited earlier and the third one came as a re-homing (no discount though - just a fact of live for less popular breeds) of one of that vet's two year old dogs previously sold. The owner wanted to do conformation and she wasn't showing well for whatever reason, which was not a concern of ours.

Our only issue is that one of them barks more than we would like outside at perceived threats, not bad but more than in an ideal situation. We are working on that issue. Overall, we love the breed. Thanks for asking!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.