What's your current pool temp?

Lou.

Oct 5, 2015
Rowlett TX
Lol We opted for solar mats well actually baby pools that do the same thing n a pool heater. Temp this morn was 79 by afternoon was 82... I usually swim twice a day...

borjis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2014
Pacific NW
10 degrees lower than it was a week ago.

argh 57 degrees last saturday....no solar cover on a fresh fill as of last week.

Funny thing is, that same day it was sunny 80 degrees outside. but it sure gets chilly at night!

Extended Indian summer here.

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
64 and dropping here...its only 64 now because I waited until last week to turn the heater off so that it would drop enough before the evil MAPLE overhead...we'll see if I beat it or not this year!

Sad part is its warm enough during the day that I'd still be willing to swim in the ams with the heater on...but if I want to close cold, I have to let it drift down. So instead I stare at the open water from the vantage of the hot tub...;(

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
Mine has been 56F & 58F the past two afternoons. Leaves are starting to fall so looks like I'll be closing this weekend. :(

Dom

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Down to 71, too cold to swim!! In the spring when it's slowly warming up we will jump in at 70 for a minute and then run for the hot tub, but in the fall it's just too darn cold!

n240sxguy

May 17, 2014
Benton, KY
Mine has been holding at 69 for over a week. I assume it dropped a little lower, and then warmed back up a tad because it was really cold for a few days. I may get in soon. Depends on how brave/crazy I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcat

Silver Supporter
May 30, 2012
Austin, TX
Just jumped out, still at 86 (heat pump). With cover, only drops 2 degrees overnight. Very happy! Never thought I'd be swimming in October without too much help from the heat pump.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jmastron

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2014
Sacramento, CA
72 with the solar cover on; while we're having sunny and warm days (around 90 today), the sun and tree angle limits the warming this time of year. After a long day of mowing and cleaning patios and the pool deck, I was ready for a refreshing swim this evening; not too bad forsomeone who usually likes it much warmer.

But it's time -- nobody else says they'll go in now, so I left the solar cover off. Time to await the leaf invasion!

ThomasG

Jul 13, 2015
Clearwater, FL
Pool was 78 this morning. Ran the heater for a couple hours to bring it to the mid 80s. Air temp high today was 79. At this time of year pool is shaded all day. After the next gas bill we'll decide if we can swim all winter.

tcat

Silver Supporter
May 30, 2012
Austin, TX
Turned heat pump off 4 days ago. Went from 86 to 79 in 4 days (rainy and 50's-60's). Solar covers really work!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk