Upgrade AquaLink to iAquaLink?

Depends on which variant of AquaLink you have.

If you have a non-PDA specific version of AquaLink with firmware revision R or later, all you need is the IQ30-A kit, which is basically just the antenna.

If you have a version of AquaLink with PDA-specific firmware OR AquaLink RS with a firmware revision earlier than R, you will need the IQ30-RS kit, which replaces the entire PCB and adds the antenna. Technically you can connect the IQ30-A to a PDA-only version running version 6.0 or later, but it gives you a neutered, useless version of it with no actual iAqualink web interface.

So if the customer has the AquaLink where they using the handheld remote, you would need the upgrade kit that comes with the control new board, antenna, etc?

Again, it depends. The PDA and J-box can work with either conventional AquaLink firmware or the PDA-specific firmware. You'll need to pull the PCB out and look at the chip/card on the back and see what version it has. There might be some way to check the firmware through the PDA itself but I have no idea how to do that.

If you look at the chip and it says Rev R or later, you're good to go with just the antenna (IQ30-A). If it's PDA firmware or if it's something less than Revision R, you'll need the whole IQ30-RS kit which includes the jbox antenna and the new PCB.

Again, it depends. The PDA and J-box can work with either conventional AquaLink firmware or the PDA-specific firmware. You'll need to pull the PCB out and look at the chip/card on the back and see what version it has. There might be some way to check the firmware through the PDA itself but I have no idea how to do that.

If you look at the chip and it says Rev R or later, you're good to go with just the antenna (IQ30-A). If it's PDA firmware or if it's something less than Revision R, you'll need the whole IQ30-RS kit which includes the jbox antenna and the new PCB.
Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Reactions: dfwnoob