Mopar4u

May 24, 2021
Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The picture is the exact liquid chlorine im using to keep a TFP. Does it contain cya and how would i know (what do i look for on the bottle)?

Attachments

• 6AC4914A-78A7-4CAD-A466-DD751DFC5CA0.jpeg
    6AC4914A-78A7-4CAD-A466-DD751DFC5CA0.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 20
Just check the ingredients for sodium Hyperchlorite. It will list the %. The main label may call it bleach, chlorine, liquid shock, or others. If it has anything else, which you don’t want, those will be listed too, like Cyanuric Acid or Calcium. ‘Other ingredients’ is water.

I cant read the label too well, but liquid chlorine typically does not contain CYA.

Look at 2 things before you purchase:
Strength - This will be listed on the ingredients (bottom right of your picture). Look for the Sodium Hypochlorite %. Generally they are 10%, 12%, etc.
Manufacturer Date - This is typically a julian date. Some times it is a bit hard to read, but should be in the format of yy+the number of days into the year. So 21001 would be Jan 1, 2021, Jan 31st would be 21031, and today (6/30) would be 21181. Since the shock will lose strength over time, make sure it was made in the last 60 days or so and avoid anything that starts with 20xxx on the julian date since that would be last year.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.