Mid Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We have an intex 4500 galloon pool with 1200 gph sand filter and intex swg. Our pool is in the shade, basically always. We have a wooded backyard. I really think the shade affects or FC loss, which is very little. Lately it has been raining a LOT (midwest, MO). I have been running the filter 10 hours a day and SWG 7 hours a day. After a few days of rain (no swimming) and no testing, today I tested and my FC is very high:

FC: 11
CC: 0
CYA 75

I am using the TF 100 Pro. Pool math says up to 11 is ok with 75 cya. Is it ok to swim (assuming it stops raining)?
Should I run my swg for 6 hours (instead of 7)? (I was doing that before the rains and FC was running around 7 not as high likely because we were swimming?)
Any other suggestions?

With CYA 80 (we round up) it is safe to swim up to FC of 32.

Lack of suns UV rays with clouds, shade, or rain lowers the daily FC loss.

Yes, reduce your SWG runtime or %.

Reactions: PullJunkie
Adding on to what ajw22 said, if your pool gets little use, dial it down a bit. But if you get alot of bathers all the time, leave it where it is. Mine is normally around 10-13 with a CYA of about 70 but I always have huge bather loads so I try to leave it on the high side.

Mine is normally around 10-13 with a CYA of about 70 but I always have huge bather loads so I try to leave it on the high side.

Remember that pH test is invalid when FC is over 10. So we usually don't recommend running FC over 10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.