So this happened

full

Yeah, I got a phone call at 5pm yesterday that they wanted to come today. I mean. I had some warning as I got my golden ticket to Hollywood a couple of weeks ago (permit).

Then. Boom. Good Friday indeed. And as luck would have it, I had long scheduled the 3 day weekend off. Woo-hoo.

Already hit the first snag too. It's nice to have it out of the way. We put in an extra wide gate on the new fence in across the driveway for the machines and cement truck. The excavator guys didn't want to tear up the driveway with the XL machine. Sooooooooo we were pulling fence on the old fence side of the house. But the previous owner didn't cement the pvc post in so it took all of 5 mins.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Be sure to use lots of floc and algaecide when they first fill it … I hear the Frog mineral sanitizers with ozone are the best at sanitizing pools. You should get one of those. They even come with a free bottle of test strips … WIN-WIN !!

Day one is in the books. I have a shallow end hole. They are coming back tomorrow to build the forms and then Monday is scoop the hopper in the morning and pour in the afternoon. Until it isn't of course. :ROFLMAO:

There has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much 'isn't' so far, to trust anything tomorrow. But. Progress today so it's a WIN.
20220415_150131.jpg

Fun fact about the excavator that is spending the weekend : 20220415_162107.jpg

Hehehe. They never take the keys out of them ….

Why NO mister foreman, I have no idea how the width of my pool grew by 2 ft :scratch: …. Maybe your guy’s tape measure wasn’t calibrated properly when he laid it out on Friday … 🤷‍♂️

top of your tube socks would still be dry
It was all deep end for the short workers 🤷‍♂️

But it did expose a new issue. The apparant mostly level yard isn't even close and the slope down/away from the house is considerable. The excavator guy said I'd be buying loads of dirt if he took any away. I will think about it for now as that's subjective on how far I choose to level behind the pool. Once I see the finished wall height I'll have a better idea. The pro took one glance and literally laughed about it. 'Oh no, you are going to want to keep your dirt'

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.