seafoam green pool....stumped just about everyone!!!

Ahhhh thanks so much for that. I am absolutely paranoid at algae coming back once it’s all gone
We got you going forward. Soon enough you’ll have yourself and be your own pro. You’ll follow the FC/CYA Levels and never ever ever ever let your FC approach, get near, think about, or dream of minimum FC range.

Once you are properly chlorinated, BOOM. Stupid clear water forever.

But to clear what we have now takes some patience. Beverages don’t hurt. Just sayin. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: shayy_1988
One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that you can absolutely still have algae in a pool that most people would say is clean and clear. So while you appear to be making some progress, don’t think you’ve got it beat.
Would just take one instance of FC levels falling below minimum to be right back where you started. That’s why the M of SLAM is so important.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that you can absolutely still have algae in a pool that most people would say is clean and clear. So while you appear to be making some progress, don’t think you’ve got it beat.
Would just take one instance of FC levels falling below minimum to be right back where you started. That’s why the M of SLAM is so important.
Definitely don’t think I have beat it especially since I haven’t even began SLAM yet. I’ve gotten to this point over the last several days prior to even doing a SLAM. Some progress is better than no progress so yes, I did a little happy dance.

I have this junky vacuum, saved my pool, lol

07f1d11a-b082-4bd2-b650-ef7c707aa893_1.614fb3b44f0d239d6988a1bd1be0b286.jpeg

Reactions: shayy_1988
Friends, the test kit is arriving a day early (today) instead of tomorrow. I will post the test results later this evening once I have them (should be fun learning how to use the test lol). Should I be doing a OCLT tonight prior to starting a SLAM?

Should I be doing a OCLT tonight prior to starting a SLAM?
You can for practice, but passing a SLAM requires clear water *and* passing an OCLT. (And a CC of .5 or less, which you’ll fail also). No need to fail all three tests before SLAM-ing. Fail any of them and SLAM away. :)

But feel free to practice when it’s not as important so you are better at it when it counts for real.

Reactions: crimson avenger

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
should be fun learning how to use the test lol
Take one test from the laminated card. Gather the 2 or 3 bottles that test needs. Follow each step by itself and it’s stupid easy.

*fill vial to 10ml*. Ok I can do that
*add 5 drops of XXX*. Oooooo-K ? Still easy
*mix/swirl*. Wow. Stupid easy !!!

Glance at the card as a whole and it looks like rocket science.

Reactions: mariane
Take one test from the laminated card. Gather the 2 or 3 bottles that test needs. Follow each step by itself and it’s stupid easy.

*fill vial to 10ml*. Ok I can do that
*add 5 drops of XXX*. Oooooo-K ? Still easy
*mix/swirl*. Wow. Stupid easy !!!

Glance at the card as a whole and it looks like rocket science.
hahhahah but isn't the Chlorine test a bit different than those stupid easy ones??? I feel like i have read that a few places

hahhahah but isn't the Chlorine test a bit different than those stupid easy ones??? I feel like i have read that a few places
The CYA test is subjective and we all see different things. To tease you even further, the ‘dot’ that you are looking for is a googely eye that LAUGHS at you the whole time.

But you can test it over and over. Suck the fluid back up, and pour again. Get 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5 and call it a day.

Reactions: mariane
The CYA test is subjective and we all see different things. To tease you even further, the ‘dot’ that you are looking for is a googely eye that LAUGHS at you the whole time.

But you can test it over and over. Suck the fluid back up, and pour again. Get 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5 and call it a day.
great now I am going to be laughing when for this dot !!! :)

Reactions: Newdude
I like to take boring things and make them more fun. It’s a gift. 😁
Are you an elementary school or kindergarten teacher? :ROFLMAO:
Although all of us at one time needed "hand holding", humor and P.O.P. to get us thru the stress of turning our pools from green to clear. (Pool Owner Patience) :snorkle:

Update for today!!!!! So so so happy. Test should be here before 8pm. Can’t wait to test!

Attachments

• 4DD7D736-F16B-422F-837B-76D627B30602.jpeg
    4DD7D736-F16B-422F-837B-76D627B30602.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 22
  • A440DF96-F3F8-4A32-8999-C57F5C400E01.jpeg
    A440DF96-F3F8-4A32-8999-C57F5C400E01.jpeg
    637 KB · Views: 22

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.