seafoam green pool....stumped just about everyone!!!

Crystal clear?
Marked improvement over the other day, but still some to go. When we are done with you, you’ll tell heads or tails on a nickel.

Killing the algae is the first battle. The 2nd half of the fight is filtering it all out and it can drag on with little visual results. Like now. It’s mostly clear and it may stay that way for a week. Keep the FC up . Clean that filter often and stay the course. Vac and brush at least once a day. (y)

Reactions: crimson avenger
Lmao!!!! You’re right.

This morning:
FC: 27.5 (it was 28 last night)
CC: 0.5
Crystal clear? What do you think? Photo taken before sunrise so maybe I’ll wait until this afternoon to look (if the sun shines today). Lol
Not crystal clear yet. You’re getting there. Keep SLAMMING.

Not crystal clear yet. You’re getting there. Keep SLAMMING.
Thanks! Will do!
Literally a nickel, very possibly a dime. Check post #27. 😁
okay that is so so cool! Definitely a good strategy lol. Now I want to tell my boss I need to get home early to throw a nickel in my pool 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Nice job, getting better but you're far from done. Keep up the good work and over dose a little if you need too. Keep vacuuming and cleaning your equipment. That's just as important in this process.

Reactions: shayy_1988
Also don’t forget about the ladder. Take it out and empty it. Fill the insides with a high concentration mix (5:1 ?) of bleach water. Swish around and let sit for a while before draining and letting dry. Check the nooks and crannies and scrub if need be. The last thing you want is to re-introduce old algae in your soon to be amazing water.

Give the skimmer a good once over as well. The foam on the top inside of the weir door has been known to green up too.

Your algae treasure hunt should be fairly simple without all the water features and lights of the bigger pools but leave no stone unturned.

No mercy.

E2D3D13C-B600-476C-BF50-DCEA4AEAA291.gif

Yep, I ordered it. Should arrive Thursday. How much liquid chlorine should be enough to add 5ppm a day?
Download the "Pool Math" app for android or iPhone. It has an "effects of adding" section that will tell you how much any chemical addition will impact your pool by volume.

For a 5091g pool, adding 32oz of 10% chlorine bleach will raise FC by 4.9. You need to know your bleach concentration - it varies from 6% (household bleach) to 10% or 12.5% (high potency liquid chlorine).

The app was the best $8 I ever spent.

Just wanted to thank the OP for starting this thread and everyone who has responded so far. I'm a newbie with the same problem with my Intex 18' x 48" Prism pool (green, cloudy water) and have been reading up on the discussion. I just ordered a test kit today and can't wait to get some reliable results so I can start the SLAM process. Y'all are awesome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just ordered a test kit today and can't wait to get some reliable results so I can start the SLAM process. Y'all are awesome!
Get your own thread going. Not because you’re arent welcome here, but because you need your own specific care. It will be given if you need. We promise. :)

Get your own thread going. Not because you’re arent welcome here, but because you need your own specific care. It will be given if you need. We promise. :)
Planning on it once my test kit arrives and I can post real numbers. I just also screwed in my Hayward skimmer and am waiting to see if I can find some plunger valves before I cut the liner. Of course the ones I saw on Amazon yesterday are no longer available. I should have ordered them when I had the chance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.