Project in SE PA, bought a foreclosure w A&S pool

Here are a few pics. Lots of work on the master bath and basement at this point. Took the 5th bedroom and will make that part of the master closet by breaking through a wall. Will be a simple thing to close off for resale in the future.

Theater area in basement is a little small but nothing I can do about it as it measures about 16x15.

That theatre room is good for a single row. As an example if your first row was 12 feet off screen you can get a 10 foot wide screen in there. You would still have an appropriate 3’ off the back wall to prevent hot spotting. The width of 15 feet can give you 4 seats across and still keep them far enough off side walls also. You can easily do a 7 channel setup along with 4 atmos speakers (if you know about this stuff) on the ceiling along with whatever kinda sub setup you would like. It would make a very nice room for you. Deff no way to get 2 rows even if back row was on the back wall. You need 8 feet for the riser and then your second row would be too close.

What you might (like huge maybe) be able to swing is a bar top behind the 1 row for standing or bar chairs for sports and informal watching. But your serious seats would be that 1 row.

Just some foot for thought. If you want any help on that room you can throw me questions before you close up the room so working is in place.

I’m just talking out loud. I don’t even know if it’s a dedicated room.

Reactions: kimkats
It'll be a dedicated theater room. 5 QSC 153KW for LCR and rears. Not sure if i'll put the side speakers on to make it a 7 system,. I forget how many subs I already have, either 4 or 6 CHT 18" subs and I will put in 4 atmos speakers now that there are several options for tile 2x2 speakers (probably will go with JBL).

Really wish it was longer but I'm thinking the front area will take up about 30-36" to hide everything behind the AT screen.

That is a LOT of work done!!! NICE!

So a phone and call you have some major history on your pool=SCORE!!!

That theatre room is good for a single row. As an example if your first row was 12 feet off screen you can get a 10 foot wide screen in there. You would still have an appropriate 3’ off the back wall to prevent hot spotting. The width of 15 feet can give you 4 seats across and still keep them far enough off side walls also. You can easily do a 7 channel setup along with 4 atmos speakers (if you know about this stuff) on the ceiling along with whatever kinda sub setup you would like. It would make a very nice room for you. Deff no way to get 2 rows even if back row was on the back wall. You need 8 feet for the riser and then your second row would be too close.

What you might (like huge maybe) be able to swing is a bar top behind the 1 row for standing or bar chairs for sports and informal watching. But your serious seats would be that 1 row.

Just some foot for thought. If you want any help on that room you can throw me questions before you close up the room so working is in place.

I’m just talking out loud. I don’t even know if it’s a dedicated room.

Now THIS is an offer I would jump on!! Jim knows his stuff and can even talk this very non-tech person (me) through setting up my surround sound system on my new TV! :hug:

Kim:kim:

Reactions: jimim
It'll be a dedicated theater room. 5 QSC 153KW for LCR and rears. Not sure if i'll put the side speakers on to make it a 7 system,. I forget how many subs I already have, either 4 or 6 CHT 18" subs and I will put in 4 atmos speakers now that there are several options for tile 2x2 speakers (probably will go with JBL).

Really wish it was longer but I'm thinking the front area will take up about 30-36" to hide everything behind the AT screen.
Ok you know what u r doing so we can expand on this.

At least 36 inches cause u need to have treatment on the wall behind the screen. So that will take up some space. But might take up more depending on who specs those treatments. But ya 36 give urself. At least.

Do 7 channel for ur bed audio. Space those sides a bit forward of ur ears if monopoles. I only use monopoles for sides. Atmos specs from Dolby rather monopoles vs bipoles.

Then space your tears as per thier specs.

Much much better for atmos.

Your ceiling speakers as you know have to be properly placed. That depends on manufacture due to dispersion patterns. Triad gives us a calculator for that. What does qsc have for atmos?

Subs up to you as you know. I like to do 2 up front and I balance with 2 in the rear for most rooms we do cause they are usually similar in size but triad helps us with that or whoever we use for acoustics.

You know all rooms are different.

So are you using qsc eq’s Also? That’s a whole other world.

What kinda screen and projector you thinking? Real 4K is finally mainstreaming in thexprojector world. It’s nice.

What stinks is how more and more companies are leaving physical media behind. Oppo not producing new players was the first nail in the coffin now with Samsung saying also others will follow.

Dedicated rooms I feel should be physical media only or a very high quality server that is a real 1 to 1 copy.

General cleanup continues with power washing the deck and pavers today. Need this done before the drain and clean begin which is hopefully this week.

Anyone want to go for a swim??

Attachments

• IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    642 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    724.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    580.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    583.2 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: kimmielea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Minor progress on the inside this week. Outlined the master bath but still deciding on size of shower and type of tub, etc. Broke through the wall of the 5th bedroom into the master bath to have a large walk in closet. It'll be easy to change back to a bedroom if we ever need to in the future.

Drain and clean with plumbing repair on the books for this week. Pool cover relatively clean, all pavers and rocks have been power washed and next up will be weeding and overseeing the grass areas, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    694.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    637.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    698.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    401.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    457.1 KB · Views: 111
The decking came up great John! Let me know when I can come over with my floats to check it out. When we talk HT and audio stuff as well haha.

Looking great Seanile, before you close up those walls take as many pictures as you can so you have a record of studs, power runs, plumbing ETC.

I knew I would put in some floating shelves after Harvey rebuild so I blocked a wall section so I had solid wood to attach shelf floats to.

Keep the small deco issues in mind while you have exposed studs.

John

Last edited:
I did videos of all my walls when I built my house. It saved us 2 times already with minor issues. It’s pretty funny to go back and watch them seeing and hearing all my dads buddies talking in the background as they t working.

Drain completed today. They doubt it will be ready for water by the end of tomorrow between the emptying of debris and mud, power washing, acid washing and also the plumbing. Hopefully it'll be a huge transformation by the end of the day on Friday.

No real surprises, lots of mud, dead frogs, living frogs, dead squirrel, 2 snakes and hundreds of tadpoles.

Attachments

• IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    762 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    722.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    683.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    646.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    759.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    695.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    702.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    703.5 KB · Views: 147

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.