Project in SE PA, bought a foreclosure w A&S pool

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
So it is!! SWEET!!! I saw it as "bad" u :roll: that is the Kindergarten teacher in me hehe This is going to be one sweet set up when he gets done with it!!!

SeaNile31

Jul 11, 2018
Chadds Ford, PA
The advice from a pool service company is if you can see the bottom of the pool, at all, then it can be brought back to life with chemicals, etc. If not, then drain and acid wash is strongly encouraged. Thoughts? The water is absolutely gross looking and you can't see more than 2" its so dense and green.

On a separate note, the official beginning starts tomorrow with the demo of the interior. Kitchen, bath rooms, basement drop ceiling, etc., will all be taken out.

Reactions: Teen124

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That sure sounds like a total gut job :shock: Is your back or your wallet doing the job? Will you try to live in the house when the work is being done?

Balance the cost of the water refill against the cost of a LOT of bleach/chlorine. Be careful with the acid wash though as it does remove a some of the plaster in the process. We don't know the condition of the plaster so make sure to look close and share what you find if you decide to drain.

Kim:kim:

Gorilla83

Silver Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Thornton, PA
The advice from a pool service company is if you can see the bottom of the pool, at all, then it can be brought back to life with chemicals, etc. If not, then drain and acid wash is strongly encouraged. Thoughts? The water is absolutely gross looking and you can't see more than 2" its so dense and green.

On a separate note, the official beginning starts tomorrow with the demo of the interior. Kitchen, bath rooms, basement drop ceiling, etc., will all be taken out.
John - You may know this already, but the water table in our area is typically quite high. If they decide to do a total drain, I'd imagine they would need to remove the hydrostatic plugs (if it's an A&S build they should have them) to keep the pressure off the shell. They should know this but worth mentioning.

SeaNile31

Jul 11, 2018
Chadds Ford, PA
Demo started yesterday, gutting the kitchen, basement and family room before making their way upstairs. They are making great progress so far.

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
DUDE! You have a fireplace in your kitchen!! That is SO cool!

I do have a sad for that pretty kitchen though.............it looked so pretty before.....why redo it?

Thanks for letting us follow along!

Kim:kim:

Gladius Nova

Dec 29, 2016
Fair Oaks Ranch, TX
It's great that you see such potential in this HUGE Reno project! Lot's of "updating" ahead of you but I am certain it will turn out spectacular! Kinda reminds me of one of this House Flipping shows on TV. The neighbors will probably be grateful also!

SeaNile31

Jul 11, 2018
Chadds Ford, PA
Finally have info on the pool from A&S. Total water 806sq.ft.

Lots of progress on the house. I'll post pics later today when I get a chance to stop by and take picture.

Last edited:

SeaNile31

Jul 11, 2018
Chadds Ford, PA
I was just going to comment on that. On phone A&S mentioned 25,000 gallons.

Just realized the attachments have lots of info including phone numbers. I'm going to delete them. take a pic of the drawings and attach without the #'s.

I'll be back.....

Attachments

Last edited:

SeaNile31

Jul 11, 2018
Chadds Ford, PA
Here are a few pics. Lots of work on the master bath and basement at this point. Took the 5th bedroom and will make that part of the master closet by breaking through a wall. Will be a simple thing to close off for resale in the future.

Theater area in basement is a little small but nothing I can do about it as it measures about 16x15.

Attachments

Other Threads of Interest