Pool Reno....

BURRRR to the max! So I saw fire! It looked like it came out of a rod or such???

Flexpipe? Why that instead of hard pipe? Is it going to be deep enough to avoid freezing?

They were using a propane torch to warm up the plastic conduit for the lighting in order to bend it for a couple of the curves. The flex pipe is the standard that the PB uses. The spa will be run year round (shouldn’t need to worry about freezing) and I hope the rest is buried enough! (I’ve been away on travel and haven’t had a chance to talk with the crew).

Today we had the site all back filled and stone put in place for the decking. All levels have been set as well. Still no guarantee on the concrete being poured until the spring. Hope for a warm week coming up and we will see if they can get it done! Regardless, work will continue on the spa as a structure will be built over it which will be heated so work can continue.

Will put the video up tomorrow, but for now here are a couple of pictures.

19CA913F-43C1-4CC5-A0A7-80EB2606E211.jpg

25598AD3-A2C1-4A24-B4B4-499B3F83AC40.jpg

45FC77CE-EC7D-49DD-AFCE-FE80B46855DA.jpg

43A769C5-884D-4092-991A-903E2E9F4651.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And the shed is almost done (just needs the door installed). We received instructions to fill up the pool so that we have a foot of water in the shallow end. So in the hose goes (in minus 3 degree weather / 27 degrees farenheit for our American friends).

Over the next couple of weeks the pool equipment will be installed, electrical and gas lines hooked up and then work will begin on finishing up the spa. A temporary structure is going to be built over it so that the crew can heat it while the finishing touches are done. That will leave us with the pool tile, plaster and decking for the spring when things thaw out.

pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.