- taking out all all of the concrete decking and installing new
- new integrated poured coping and tiles
- sandblasting and new plaster
- removal of existing pool light and niche
- installation of 4 new pool lights
- replacement of existing skimmer
- addition of second skimmer
- all new return lines
- new diving board base (board was replaced a couple years ago)
- new gunite hot tub with bells & whistles
- new pool shed
- new saltwater system
- new 2 HP VS pump and 2.5 HP booster pump
- new landscaping lights (integrated with the pool and spa lights)
Looking forward to the work starting. Until then, it’s going up to 33 C (91 F) with humidity hitting 41 C (106 F) with the sun shining. We are going to be enjoying the pool in its current state!!
...and it begins. Even though the work isn't starting until next Tuesday, the electrical and gas have been disconnected today so that the pool shed deconstruction can begin. Any guesses on how long it takes for the pool to go green??
Everything has been put away as work begins tomorrow on the pool renovation. New concrete surround, sandblasted and new plaster for the pool, new tiles and integrated coping, two new skimmers, return lines, lighting, diving board and spa. Excited to get the work started tomorrow!
...and the Nest camera will have a birds eye view of the activity over the next couple of months.
Day #2 - more cutting, removal and pool draining has started..... I am using the Nest camera for the video and have no idea the time frame for the videos (I just selected the time period and said make it one minute long - modern technology!).
And into the weekend we go with one week under our belt. The mid-week heat took a toll on the workers slugging it out, but at the end of day #4 we are almost done with the removal of all of the concrete. Here is the latest birds eye view and a video of todays activity: https://video.nest.com/clip/b2a2eac7fd504f6d8745eb3f7af812be.mp4
Well I didn't think that any work would be done today as the remnants of tropical storm Gordon was dumping a ton of rain on Southern Ontario. Well I was wrong! The PB has surprised me with a very productive day with all of the concrete from the deck being removed. There is nothing but sunshine in the forecast for the rest of the week so we will see how things progress in terms of tackling the pool and spa. Here is today's video of the guys slugging it out in the rain...