Pool Reno....

Well I should be building an ark and not a spa with an updated pool with all of the rain we’ve been having. The rain continues to delay things and it looks like we are now targeting getting everything done except for the plaster. We will throw some water in the pool, put the cover on and do the plaster in the spring (and I’m 100% cool with that since we are getting below freezing at night time now).

Attached are a couple of close up pictures of the SPA...... let’s hope we get the concrete poured next week.

72646415-EF39-4272-BC7E-FD2C1D03BF0E.jpg

FBE18F53-384F-48B2-BBF9-1556614B6950.jpg

E03DABEE-093E-4E16-BEE9-850C700E546F.jpg

05308F86-5397-4448-96BC-CCD01910455F.jpg

Smart move to wait for the plaster! Good call! Here is some light reading for you about how to get a good plaster job. You can research it while we wait for Spring to get here again:

How to set up to have the best plaster job: A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes

Brief snap shots of different start ups: Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Full run down on the best BUT hardest start up: A Bicarb Start-up guide for TFP members

Next best start up BUT it leaves out to NOT put water in the pool Trouble Free Pool away. Wait at least 6 hours after plaster is put in before putting water in! The back of the card is what you want: google "NPC start up card". (I can't link to pdf files for some reason.)

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh how exciting!!!! Are you going to be there to watch????

Yup - was working at home today so was able to be part of the festivities. The pour went very well and the rain held off (we even had the sun come out!). Tomorrow they will take the forms off and start digging all of the trenches for the plumbing and lights. Hopefully by the end of the week they get the forms done for the concrete decking and we get a warmer day over the next couple of weeks to get that done too.....

And the video (its not as exciting as I would have hoped!). November 6 - Day #23 | Nest

Nothing to see really LOL The fun stuff will be when they take the forms off and we can see that work of art! What will you be putting on the outside walls?

Oh to have decking again!! That will be the end of a lot of mud!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.