Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Frank, we like to cook and drink here. That steak looks perfect, see tri tips in the grocery store but was always afraid it was too tough. Hopefully you will get a lot of ideas and we appreciate all thoughts. This sometimes is a tough thread but hang in there

This is the perfect way to test your sous vide. On the tougher cuts of meat just cook it longer in the sous vide. It will tenderize the meat.

Here we go done 3-3 method. 3 hrs unwrapped at 180 degrees and then wrap in foil at 225 degrees for 3 hrs. These were smith fields and had more white meat. Still very tasty. :cheers:
2FCC2B3D-D824-45FF-A5C9-3F4F26C0E292.jpegA12186FA-A2BE-4BBB-AF74-130E27211C30.jpeg

Look good man! Clean bone!

I’m getting up at 3 am tomorrow for my pork butt. Going to be a long day! Doing my 2 slaws. Corn salsa also. Trying something different. Made my 2 bbq sauces too.

Happy 4th everyone!

I’m on! Pork butt is Smokin’ away! I’m finally getting used to starting and coming to temp on the egg. Only 90 mins today. Lol. I’m getting better I think!

4645086E-FFA2-4F21-A3F1-50DA3EB6848A.jpeg347F7886-0189-4E92-9413-A25C244EE8C7.jpeg
I hope it comes out good like last time!

I assumed Brent would already have pictures of 4 griddles going loaded with eggs and bacon and such!

shame shame!

jim

Happy 4th everyone!

I’m on! Pork butt is Smokin’ away! I’m finally getting used to starting and coming to temp on the egg. Only 90 mins today. Lol. I’m getting better I think!

View attachment 150936View attachment 150937
I hope it comes out good like last time!

I assumed Brent would already have pictures of 4 griddles going loaded with eggs and bacon and such!

shame shame!

jim
Sorry to say but Jim I beat you. I was up at 2am and 4 am. Started an 11 lb brisket yesterday after the ribs and it is now resting comfortably in the cooler :cheers:

Sorry to say but Jim I beat you. I was up at 2am and 4 am. Started an 11 lb brisket yesterday after the ribs and it is now resting comfortably in the cooler :cheers:

Son of a! lol. What r u smoking it on? I really want to try to do one but I’m afraid to leave it go on the egg over night. Not comfortable yet. I got to get the automatic fan control for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice! I love food and food pics. Lol so did u flip ur converter thing over do give u higher heat but still indirect?

I flip it over because I used to do that with my pizza stone, and I want it higher up in the egg so I can get a bigger pizza. I also crumple up 3 balls of aluminum foil to raise the stone about an inch off the plate setter to get airflow underneath.

I have since bought a baking steel which is 16” in diameter instead of 14 of the pizza stone. It might actually be able to sit right on the legs. Need to test that out.

The steel makes WAY better pizza crust than the stone ever did. It was about $100 on Amazon. Google baking steel.

Son of a! lol. What r u smoking it on? I really want to try to do one but I’m afraid to leave it go on the egg over night. Not comfortable yet. I got to get the automatic fan control for it.
That’s a secret soon to unveil:cheers:

Yes I think an automatic fan will be good for long smoking. The Rec tec pellet smoker stayed at a constant temp all nite long. It is small but it can hold a lot of food. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.