Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Perfect! I got to get posting again. Haven’t been cooking much. Too busy with work. Lol. Bad Jimi. Bad Jimi.
Same here we have had a lot of things happening, just trying to get back into a normal pace. Ha there's a good word for you "normal" :cheers:

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Winter Weather Warning means we’re staying home for sure this Christmas. Breaks my heart! Before the snow starts later today, time for a burger while we finish the last few details for tomorrow.

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Merry Christmas all my cooking friends! Lol

hope you all eat well over the next week! Let’s see some good pics too! Lol

I’m busy taking water out of my pool cause of our 12 inches of melt and now 3 inches of rain followed by teens all weekend. Cant the weather every cooperate?! I mean 55 today and then 5 tomorrow with rain!? Just what I want to do today when there are pepper cookies that need to be eaten! Lol

Matt F 3

Feb 1, 2020
Plainfield Il
On my small wish list was a "Meater and SnS Slow and Sear" well I got the Meater. You guys are right it worked great the dual temp feature is the bomb. And I found out why we burned a few things this season, Our over temp was off 25*. We had a standing rib-roast for dinner yesterday. I also used a wired thermometer that I have had and they both read the about same. Start with a butter paste with rosemary, time, salt, pepper and garlic. Set the roast on a bed of carrots, onions, celery rosemary, add a can of beef consume, can of water and half can of red wine. Then sear at 500* for 20 minutes lower temp to 300* and wait. I use the remaining butter to put on the roast while it rests.

yBPWGq++QUm7emO8bjnUAg.jpg

End cut.......🍷

NLFnzbg+QL+UofdZPXMShw.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
My first ever Rib eye roast and it turned out great. I put it in a ten hour sous vide bath to get it a perfect 133 degrees edge to edge, then put on a butter compote crust with herbs and garlic and finished in a 475 degree oven for 15 minutes. Au jus and horseradish cream sauce paired perfectly.
998E1B70-AF65-4417-8305-DB0EDFAF54D2.jpeg4657ACBB-D85B-4528-B97B-4D2B556FC811.jpegA09FE1E9-4050-421B-97ED-704C9049C136.jpeg

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
I have to do a reverse sear bone in rib roast next few weekends. I didn’t want to chance it tonight. No idea how long it would have taken. I still think after this summer the reverse sear is a bullet proof method. Like you Sous vide guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.