Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did ribs tonight 3-2-1 method. 200 degrees. Positive results. A little fine tuning and o think I’ll have my ribs recipe and tech. F101019E-D7ED-4467-A5AC-8947BDF334CE.jpeg99D65745-B0C9-4041-9210-F727727D5E43.jpeg2C609D46-FC7E-4F5E-8C93-CDF1E8012544.jpegED22B012-6823-4700-8222-E2D6CFC0AE39.jpeg
Not mushy. Bites took meat right off to a clean bone.

Last edited:
Reactions: salty87

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking for a piece of advice...my old gas grill is finally ready to be retired, the grates are rusted through (using Grill Grates on top of them for now) and I can physically see the flames through cracks in the side. So I'm looking at 2 different Weber options, the Spirit 310 and Genesis 315. There's about a $300 difference in the 2 so just trying to justify whether it's worth it to spend the extra. I like the closed cabinet on the Genesis and it also has a bit more cooking space which would be nice, but not sure it's worth the extra money. Anyone have one or the other that can give a little guidance? Thanks in advance!

Looking for a piece of advice...my old gas grill is finally ready to be retired, the grates are rusted through (using Grill Grates on top of them for now) and I can physically see the flames through cracks in the side. So I'm looking at 2 different Weber options, the Spirit 310 and Genesis 315. There's about a $300 difference in the 2 so just trying to justify whether it's worth it to spend the extra. I like the closed cabinet on the Genesis and it also has a bit more cooking space which would be nice, but not sure it's worth the extra money. Anyone have one or the other that can give a little guidance? Thanks in advance!
We have the Weber spirit 310. I love it! Reliable, easy to use once it’s broken in, “flavorizer bars” need replaced every few years, but only about $50 on Amazon. It’s our second Weber spirit grill - first one was propane and we left it when we sold our old house and bought the natural gas one for the new patio. We entertain a good bit and frequently cook several things at once on it and I’ve not needed a bigger one.

Reactions: mjlinss
Frank:

Great looking steak! I've never thought to use cast iron on the grill. Can you tell me a little about the process?
I smoked the tri-tip for about 50 minutes at 225F until internal temp got to 115-120F. While it was smoking, I put the cast iron skillet in the kitchen oven at 500F to heat it up. Once the meat hit 120F internal temp, I took it off and cranked up the heat to 600F on the Big Joe. I then transferred the hot skillet to the hot Big Joe. I added clarified butter and garlic cloves to the skillet then put the tri-tip. Seared on both sides for about a minute to get a nice outer crust.

Well, I am newer here and just stumbled across this awesome thread. Reverse seared a tri-tip last night. I've been cooking on a Kamado Joe Big Joe for about 8 years now. Once I get my outdoor kitchen designed, hoping to add a pellet smoker and griddle.View attachment 150141View attachment 150142
Welcome Frank, we like to cook and drink here. That steak looks perfect, see tri tips in the grocery store but was always afraid it was too tough. Hopefully you will get a lot of ideas and we appreciate all thoughts. This sometimes is a tough thread but hang in there :cheers:

Reactions: frankofiore
I smoked the tri-tip for about 50 minutes at 225F until internal temp got to 115-120F. While it was smoking, I put the cast iron skillet in the kitchen oven at 500F to heat it up. Once the meat hit 120F internal temp, I took it off and cranked up the heat to 600F on the Big Joe. I then transferred the hot skillet to the hot Big Joe. I added clarified butter and garlic cloves to the skillet then put the tri-tip. Seared on both sides for about a minute to get a nice outer crust.

Tremendous, thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.