Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rooting for RecTec grills since they're made here in Evans, Georgia..about 5 minutes away from me. Lots of teaching online withthem, and BBQ weekend classes. 🥩🍔🍗🍤🌭

Maddie :flower:
So envious, wish we lived closer so we could visit. I hear the factory is very nice :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you post a recipe on the Banana Peppers and the sauce on the steaks?
The banana peppers are quite simple however there are a lot is steps. Cut the cap top off and use a small knife to carefully cut out the core and seeds. Put them on the grill and get the skin blistered and charred. Use thick slab bacon and cut strips in half. Render it on grill till soft and pliable do not over cook it as you have to wrap it around the pepper. Stuff the peppers with your favorite cheese mixture. Only stuff it half full. I cut corners and used a chive and onion cream cheese spread. Wrap bacon and pin with a tooth pick. Prefer an uncolored toothpick as the colored ones die will come out. Finish cooking for about 20 mins with grill at 400 degrees. The pepper container I am using I got from sports academy for $9.99 and it comes with a special knife for removing the cores. Today I will be using jalapeño cream cheese spread. Enjoy lots of recipes on the web. Jalapeño peppers are also good but make sure you remove all the seeds as it will be very spicy 🥵 yes I am a whimp when it comes to very spicy food.

I have an old off-set smoker, Weber Kettle and Pit Barrel Cooker. Weber Kettle, along with the Slow n Sear, makes a great smoker. That and the PBC are my faves. I haven’t used the off-set in years. PBC is pretty cool in that it cooks faster than others, yet still yields tender, moist results, even with brisket. I cooked a 12lb brisket last weekend in about 6 hours. Baby backs take less than 3 hours. And it’s also a set it and forget it type of smoker.

guys anyone ever smoke a bacon explosion? they cal the m fatties also. I'm scared but at the same time intrigued by all the bacon goodness. I was thinking of trying one but the recipes I'm looking at are all over the place on cooking tech. baste every 40 mins. don't touch it. baste at the end. broil it and. then back to smoker. all kinda wackiness going on.

Reactions: Puggsli
I had never heard of it, so I went to the googler. Sounds delicious, but 1 serving = 5,000 calories. Resulting pool water displacement concerns had me moving on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.