Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Mustard is a very good thing when cooking these types of meats and ribs! I use it all the time...

Looks delicious!!

I like to use French’s Honey Mustard. I keep a couple of plastic squeeze bottles of them in the pantry just for that purpose.

Tri-tip

Love the two-pack at Costco -

Seared it over a hot flame for 5mins on each side then reconfigure the smoker and go indirect heat at 275F for 30-40mins. I pulled mine at 135F
]

Well thanks a lot, now I got to go buy a tri tip. I absolutely love that, maybe my favorite beef cut.... looks like it’s done perfectly! [emoji39]

Mustard is a very good thing when cooking these types of meats and ribs! I use it all the time...

Looks delicious!!

Same here but I just basic yellow mustard as I don’t want to alter too much the natural flavors of the meat [emoji491]

Want to turn it up a bit? I baste meat with mustard and then "sriracha" sauce. Let it sit in the fridge overnight tightly wrapped in foil. It does not rally add heat but a good flavor profile!

Sooooo we bought an "Instant Pot"! I was very skeptical but after using it for a pot of Navy Beans and a rack of ribs...Im impressed :)

IMG_3423.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will have to keep that in mind. Safety First! Until y'all said something I had not heard anything bad...

I will have to keep that in mind. Safety First! Until y'all said something I had not heard anything bad...

Just bought one as well, about a month ago. First I’ve heard of the safety issue but it’s certainly nice to know about.

I think it's just one specific model that has been problematic. This was cut and paste from an article on USAToday.com.

Instant Pot is recalling one of its multicooker models because it can pose a fire hazard.
The distributor has received 107 reports of the Gem 65 8-in-1 overheating, including five instances when it caused minor property damage, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
No injuries have been reported.
The recall affects models with batchcodes of 1728, 1730, 1731, 1734 or 1746 printed on the rating label underneath the multicooker.
The multicookers, which cost approximately $80, were sold exclusively at Walmart stores across the country and at www.walmart.com between August 2017 and this past January.
People who own these Gem 65 8-in-1 multicookers are advised to stop using them and unplug them. They may be returned to Walmart for free replacements.

I have the Crock Pot Express Multi-cooker. Same thing as an Instant Pot. I absolutely love it! It has a lot of fail safe measures built into it, so if it gets an error code it shuts down. I like that I can do other things and not have to tend to it while it cooks. Next on my list of kitchen wants is an air fryer!

Anyone into cast iron cooking? I just got bit by the bug. Gather some old skillets an Dutch oven from old family members. Polish them and started the seasoning!
481d97afba0f9a3344cd61c11d74c62d.jpg
0c7c703d7cfdc214a5fda6d2ecb27082.jpg

This is a brand new lodge but got it polished to a silky finish.

I prefer to only cook on cast iron or steel pans. I have many Lodge pans and an 11qt Dutch oven that can be used on an outdoor fire pit.

Just remember - no tomato-based sauces or highly acidic foods in cast iron or else your food will get a metallic/tin taste to it. If you can acquire a ceramic coated cast iron pot and pan (Lodge makes them) it’s good to have them for acidic foods.

Anyone into cast iron cooking? I just got bit by the bug. Gather some old skillets an Dutch oven from old family members. Polish them and started the seasoning!
481d97afba0f9a3344cd61c11d74c62d.jpg
0c7c703d7cfdc214a5fda6d2ecb27082.jpg

This is a brand new lodge but got it polished to a silky finish.
Most excellent job on the cast iron! I have a few key pieces as well. What did you use to polish them like that?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.