Official 2022 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Brent scotch eggs are not hard to prepared. I will boil eggs to semi set this makes for a nice yolk, wrapping egg in sausage, breading and frying. I use plastic wrap and our tortilla press to flatten sausage 1/4" thick circle. I feel that are worth the effort and I love`em with honey mustard or spicy mustard.
The older the egg the easier to peel from a semi soft state. Homemade scotch eggs are way better than from a restaurant or frozen these yolks will be too hard and over cooked the dreaded green hue which is bitter tasting.
Sounds yummy to me but DW does not like eggs so it would be hard to attempt just for one :cheers:

Hey merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to everyone!

I’m making wings in the air fryer but also helping my kid with a harder Lego so no pics. Lol. We are backlogged on sets. Working on the r2d2 50th anniversary piece.

Reactions: Newdude
I accidentally stumbled across this one last night. AT-AT. It wont hurt to ask Santa.

It's bigger than most dogs !!! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 465456
My kid really wants the Razer crest. We don’t get into Star Wars cause it’s a rabbit hole as u can see by the at-at. We buy all buildings. The Modular’s or anything that is in “adult range” like the new 90th castle, Disney castle, haunted mansion, ghostbusters building. I bought myself the Nintendo and Atari cause it was my generation. We do all trains.

Star Wars is nuts thought. Beautiful pieces. I couldn’t pass up on the r2. We have yodA, baby yodA, bb8. Smaller stuff. That at-at was beautiful but a very poor design. All kinda display problems.

Sorry got waaaaaay off target. We really love legos. My generation of a toy also. Pretty much played with transformers and voltron or built legos and then lived on video game systems. Lol when not outside roaming the neighborhood. You know when kids wandered on their bikes in town.

Well, it’s not grilled or smoked, but ‘tis the season. Enjoy some homemade eggnog! It’s a super easy recipe and even though the directions call for a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer just as easily. If you’re going to re-use the bowl and whisk for both the egg whites and yolks, be sure to do the whites first. They can’t be mixed with any yolk, but the reverse is ok. It’ll save you from having to wash your bowl and utensils in between.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!
Ingredients:

4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
1 pint whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 ounces bourbon (or add to individual servings)
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg whites

Directions:
  • Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
  • Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.

1671832399327.jpeg

Our Christmas Eve tradition - fajitas! Satisfies chicken and beef eaters, easy cook, and best of all, served family style. My son had a pipe burst in his apartment, so we had a late start. Since I had a houseful of hungry people, the only pictures I took were during the cook. I missed some of the best elements: carmelized onions, homemade guacamole, Mexican rice, and pies!

Merry Christmas

1671994195585.jpeg

1671994258157.jpeg
1671994309186.jpeg

Reactions: Stump and Newdude
Our Christmas Eve tradition - fajitas! Satisfies chicken and beef eaters, easy cook, and best of all, served family style. My son had a pipe burst in his apartment, so we had a late start. Since I had a houseful of hungry people, the only pictures I took were during the cook. I missed some of the best elements: carmelized onions, homemade guacamole, Mexican rice, and pies!

Merry Christmas

View attachment 466357

View attachment 466358
View attachment 466359
Sorry to hear about your son's busted pipe especially on Christmas Eve, luv your tradition. We ususally have the kids and grand kids and we do brunch hence all the bacon and sausage on the griddle. Oh dont't forget the eggs cooked any style for 8 people :cheers:

Reactions: jark87

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Mrs has been knocking it out the park but with company/family here pictures have been a low priority. First is stuffed pork loin...gluten free stuffing w/breakfast sausage....this was smoked with a blend of mesquite & maple wood.

IMG_1639.jpg

Next up is greek night, pork & beef souvlaki which is really just skewers. The better half marinated the pork in a yogurt mix and the beef in herbs & oil of some sort. Grilled veg (onions, bell peps & zucchini). Not pictured was the grilled pita and lemon/dill rice.

IMG_1641.jpg

Thanks @Brentr . They didn’t have much damage. Luckily, water came in through the ceiling in the kitchen and laundry room, so it was pretty easily contained.
Water from the ceiling in North Texas I seen a lot of that winter of 1983. The wife and I were married in November she was finishing her year at Texas Women University. I was working for CBS Mechanical in Denton re-piping administration building at North Texas University. My boss came and got me the morning of a non-typical very cold and ice storm day. He told me get all the 1/2" copper couplings, 1/2" tubing, flux, solder, and pair of mini pipe cutter. I spend the next 10 plus hours crawling around in attics repairing burst copper pipe. I was shocked to see so many houses in North Texas with water lines run overhead across ceiling joist in an unheated area. One other thing the morning I drove to work I was the only car with totally clear windshield and windows. Drivers were driving with port holes of vision it was crazy. I barely got to work they were wrecking everywhere. Breaking at stop signs and road speeds like a normal dry day they were spinning like tops lol.

Reactions: Newdude
The Mrs has been knocking it out the park but with company/family here pictures have been a low priority. First is stuffed pork loin...gluten free stuffing w/breakfast sausage....this was smoked with a blend of mesquite & maple wood.

View attachment 466694

Next up is greek night, pork & beef souvlaki which is really just skewers. The better half marinated the pork in a yogurt mix and the beef in herbs & oil of some sort. Grilled veg (onions, bell peps & zucchini). Not pictured was the grilled pita and lemon/dill rice.

View attachment 466695
Very nice looking 👀: cheers 🍻

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.