Official 2022 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Just trying to get a little breakfast going before the madness begins. We don’t eat thanksgiving till 4pm this evening and we will be doing one Turkey traditional stuffed in the oven and the other Turkey minus legs and thighs and wings and drumets in the charbroil infrared. Happy Thanksgiving to all :cheers:8D04AB99-6797-4DA4-A008-B19A3C9A5C17.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA for anyone who hasn't experimented :

Buffalo turkey is as good of an improvement as it is for chicken. Maybe more. 😁

20221125_140044.jpg

Reactions: jark87
Maybe not exactly pool side, but certainly BBQ, and one of the things I love about Australia: The sausage sizzle. Every weekend at the hardware store, organised by local clubs or organisations to bump up their finances. And then on election days. Wherever you make your tick, afterwards we all enjoy our democracy sausage and get back to the essential things in life.

Screenshot_20221126-102314-098.png

Reactions: jark87 and Newdude
Turkey stuffing in waffle maker is the best you can customize you own crunch :cheers:

Attachments

• 18756C3C-EFFE-4A23-9EF7-62463EEEA19E.jpeg
    18756C3C-EFFE-4A23-9EF7-62463EEEA19E.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 7
  • B50806B1-274F-480C-94B9-94E28EAA577D.jpeg
    B50806B1-274F-480C-94B9-94E28EAA577D.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 7622C7E7-A277-4391-A227-66B2AD8C1372.jpeg
    7622C7E7-A277-4391-A227-66B2AD8C1372.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 7
Maybe not exactly pool side, but certainly BBQ, and one of the things I love about Australia: The sausage sizzle. Every weekend at the hardware store, organised by local clubs or organisations to bump up their finances. And then on election days. Wherever you make your tick, afterwards we all enjoy our democracy sausage and get back to the essential things in life.

View attachment 463731
If it is food then it belongs here :cheers:

Reactions: mgtfp
I was in such a hurry to get things ready, I only took 1 picture and that was just before putting turkey on the smoker. Oh well - it tasted great! It was probably my best turkey ever. That honey butter injection and glaze was phenomenal! I also got a new toy - a Meater+. I was pleasantly surprised at how accurately it predicted the cooking time, as most reviews said that feature didn’t work well.

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

1669469173013.jpeg

I was in such a hurry to get things ready, I only took 1 picture and that was just before putting turkey on the smoker. Oh well - it tasted great! It was probably my best turkey ever. That honey butter injection and glaze was phenomenal! I also got a new toy - a Meater+. I was pleasantly surprised at how accurately it predicted the cooking time, as most reviews said that feature didn’t work well.

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

View attachment 463765
My recteq blog mentions the Meater thermometer a bunch but i have already invested in thermoworks as long as the food is cooked to your perfection :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, I've been here on site for quite a while and never knew there was a grilling section, thanks Jark for pointing thee way!
And as far as steaks I agree with jark on the slow smoke and blazing reverse sear! Heres a Tommahawk I did a few weeks ago.
The meat
IMG_8617.JPG
After smoking and doing the reverse sear..
IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

And the finished product.

IMG_8629.JPG

IMG_8630.JPG

Yummy scrummy!!

We’ve had a spectacular day here in DFW, with temps in the mid-50s, blue skies and hardly any wind. After spending the day raking leaves, I decided to grill some chicken thighs. I didn’t have too much time, so I only dry brined for an hour or so. Dried off the thighs, coated them with a very thin layer of olive oil, and dusted them with flour seasoned with Lanes Scorpion Rub and R Butts R Smokin Cherry Habanero rub. The flour, along with cooking high in the dome on the extension grate, was intended to crisp up the skin, which it did. But I ended up saucing them with Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce. Cooked indirect at 450° - powered by Revolver Blood and Honey Texas Ale. Turned out great - nice and juicy!

1670112130687.jpeg
1670112157679.jpeg

We’ve had a spectacular day here in DFW, with temps in the mid-50s, blue skies and hardly any wind. After spending the day raking leaves, I decided to grill some chicken thighs. I didn’t have too much time, so I only dry brined for an hour or so. Dried off the thighs, coated them with a very thin layer of olive oil, and dusted them with flour seasoned with Lanes Scorpion Rub and R Butts R Smokin Cherry Habanero rub. The flour, along with cooking high in the dome on the extension grate, was intended to crisp up the skin, which it did. But I ended up saucing them with Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce. Cooked indirect at 450° - powered by Revolver Blood and Honey Texas Ale. Turned out great - nice and juicy!

View attachment 464434
View attachment 464435
Oh, man... looking good!

View attachment 464434
View attachment 464435
I love thighs however DW only likes the wings and breast so I don’t cook them very often. Those look great 👍:cheers:

Wow, I've been here on site for quite a while and never knew there was a grilling section, thanks Jark for pointing thee way!
And as far as steaks I agree with jark on the slow smoke and blazing reverse sear! Heres a Tommahawk I did a few weeks ago.
The meat
View attachment 464121
After smoking and doing the reverse sear..
View attachment 464122

View attachment 464123

And the finished product.

View attachment 464124

View attachment 464125

Yummy scrummy!!
Dang nice I have been still on the fence cooking low and slow and then hard sear. This is very tempting:cheers:

Brent scotch eggs are not hard to prepared. I will boil eggs to semi set this makes for a nice yolk, wrapping egg in sausage, breading and frying. I use plastic wrap and our tortilla press to flatten sausage 1/4" thick circle. I feel that are worth the effort and I love`em with honey mustard or spicy mustard.
The older the egg the easier to peel from a semi soft state. Homemade scotch eggs are way better than from a restaurant or frozen these yolks will be too hard and over cooked the dreaded green hue which is bitter tasting.

Reactions: jark87

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.