Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Yeah Brent, no worries dude, I like the Chef camp as well. The only reason I went with the BlackStone vs the Chef camp, was the rear grease trap. Other then that, they’re both real good griddles! :cheers:

How funny because one of the reasons why I went with Camp Chef was because I prefer to have the grease trap in the front. However I also liked the fact that the griddle comes preseasoned and that I can light anyone of the four burners independently and that you can use it as a regular grill by taking off the griddle portion ( This I may never use though)

ok you guys are all crazy good cooks here. I decided to throw my very very humble hat in the thread with ribs I cooked on the Big Easy tonight. I really like this thing. My wife bought it for me last year. I laughed at it but man it really does a nice job with a Turkey, but it also does well with other food.

I did ribs tonight. Baby Backs. I marinated them for 2 days rubbed down with yellow mustard and just an off the shelf BBQ rub. Rufus Teague to be exact. I wrapped them in foil for the 2 days.

I cooked them in the big easy for 90 mins. Pulled them and brushed them with Rufus Teague BBQ sauce (2 pieces) and Dinosaur BBQ sauce (1 piece). Threw them back on for 15 mins.

Pulled them again and let them rest for 15 mins. covered.

They were good I think.

Jimi

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

Yes as said above. Ken shun onion. The handle was shaped differently to make it more comfortable for us wacky left handed people. lol. So I have a set of those that both my wife and I use but we also have our wusthof Grand Prix II that she uses.

They are so comfortable to hold bs a regular handled knife. I haven’t seen any other produced like those from ken shun.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I can’t wait to get my egg so I can start to smoke!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
that one was our 8" multi or santoku. we have a 8" slicing along with paring, and 2 utility knifes. those r the go to daily use ones for us at least.

williams-sonoma carried them like 8 years ago at least.

Very interesting, I have been looking for a great knife which holds an edge for a long time so I will do some research on this one. Thanks guys for the info :cheers:

Very interesting, I have been looking for a great knife which holds an edge for a long time so I will do some research on this one. Thanks guys for the info :cheers:

williams Sonoma have thier whole line. They don’t have the one with the handle I have anymore. I will say I have only had them sharpened once in over 8 years. Do they need to be done. Prob. But they still cut just fine. I sent them back to the company last time to get sharpened cause I didn’t trust the local place around me. They did a job in one of my parents’ knives.

Totally worth the the money I feel.

williams Sonoma have thier whole line. They don’t have the one with the handle I have anymore. I will say I have only had them sharpened once in over 8 years. Do they need to be done. Prob. But they still cut just fine. I sent them back to the company last time to get sharpened cause I didn’t trust the local place around me. They did a job in one of my parents’ knives.

Totally worth the the money I feel.

Do you use these knives every day? I will have to look into them. I have some old Chicago cutlery but it seems that I have to sharpen on a regular basis however I am not good with a sharpening tool so I use a chef choice electric knife sharpener which is probably not the best for sharpening knives.:(

Hey man. We use them every single day of our life. My wife cooks dinner 4 nights a week and on the weekend she is always dining something. Either baking or cooking something. I have a very good wife. Lol

she gravites towards the shun even though we have a lot of Grand Prix like I said. I will say the shun have held thier edges and sharpness 1000 percent better than our other knives. Seriously night and day. I will say the shun tips are so thin. The reason they went off to get sharpened the first time many years ago is cause I broke 3 tips. :( after I wash them I lay them down while drying to avoid breaking a tip.

I have an electric sharpened for our Grand Prix cause they r s traditional knife. I use it for them. But for the shun I was told don’t even use the electric one u can buy cjef’s choice even though it’s made for Japanese lace sharpening. I guess cause of the whole duel vs single bevel edge and the angle it is sharpened at by manufacturer. So I didn’t research that and take thier work for it and sent them out that one time.

like I said should they be done again. Ya prob but my wife isn’t complaining and she would causexshe always does with regard to the edges on the Grand Prix and I sliced through the ribs no problem. I’m not ripping apart meat when I slice either.

Throw a chef knife on ur Xmas list. U have a Williams Sonoma near u? Worth the trip to look st all they have in the store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.