Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Picked up a BBQ Guru cyberQ temp control unit while they were on sale (20% off and free shipping!) last week. I haven't purchased my kamado yet, but hard to pass up at that price. I'll use the cloud monitoring on my pellet cooker for now w/o the fan control. :)

2 pork shoulders going on the smoker tomorrow night..... :)

Not a big fan of lamb (too game-y for me) but the presentation and look is excellent! I did a pork loin roast (oven) over cabbage with a cherry-thyme sauce -

View attachment 89188

My kids loved it so I figured it must be good :laughblue:

Not a big fan of lamb (too game-y for me) but the presentation and look is excellent! I did a pork loin roast (oven) over cabbage with a cherry-thyme sauce -

View attachment 89188

My kids will eat anything and they say it’s good [emoji50]

Thanks buddy...it was a big hit and certainly a change of pace for the family...

those chops look good man! I love lamb! My grandfather used to raise lamb around easter time along with goat. Sooo good. My wife won’t eat lamb so don’t make it often.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 89188

That looks good too! My kid said the same. He is looking over my shoulder. I loves pork. Lol

That looks good too! My kid said the same. He is looking over my shoulder. I loves pork. Lol

Thanks. I buy the large whole pork loin from Costco and then cut it up into three, 2.5lbs roasts. The middle section of the loin can be sliced into about 6-8 boneless loin chops for individual cooking. The ends of the loin make good roasts. So for $18-$20 and very little trimming, you can get three solid meals out of it. I vacuum seal and freeze the sections I don’t use right away.

View attachment 89191

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. I buy the large whole pork loin from Costco and then cut it up into three, 2.5lbs roasts. The middle section of the loin can be sliced into about 6-8 boneless loin chops for individual cooking. The ends of the loin make good roasts. So for $18-$20 and very little trimming, you can get three solid meals out of it. I vacuum seal and freeze the sections I don’t use right away.

View attachment 89191

thanks for that heads up! we make a pork tenderloin at least once a week. it makes for a nice quick dinner during the week. we don't have costco but sam's should have something similar. i have been buying my ribs there lately cause they have so much meat on them compared to local shops.

thanks for that heads up! we make a pork tenderloin at least once a week. it makes for a nice quick dinner during the week. we don't have costco but sam's should have something similar. i have been buying my ribs there lately cause they have so much meat on them compared to local shops.

Pork is the other white meat [emoji2] I love a seared pork chop with a sliver of fat on the outside:cheers:

2b26403eedf0e44a0f825a2b47a9d5c1.jpg

38 degrees outside and still able to get a grilled ribeye and tuna steak on the induction burner :cheers:

NICE!! Love that breakfast spread ;)

(No love from Santa :santa: ...looks like I’ll be without a Blackstone grill this year :( )

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to all!!!

We did an oven-roasted tenderloin (5lbs) with creamy horseradish sauce -

View attachment 89240

View attachment 89241

View attachment 89242

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.