Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Made some Korean beef, served with rice and garnished with sesame seeds and green onion. Very tasty - definitely on my to do again list
8c0330e0401becaa1426bdc6961edff7.jpg

Night before last was honey garlic chicken, another winner!
ed76682dd4c622ac5ccb05822d6d54c5.jpg

Looks yummy [emoji39]

The perfect tuna steak for the wife cooked in the induction burner and the perfect strip steak cooked on the infrared burner and Alaskan king crabs legs[emoji482]
3118cda8606826ab2755a561a905b8cb.jpg
9232bc9a7fbeafb6e7856342655aa80a.jpg
d6382176d1358ad6fa7c2fd034595d9e.jpg

Heads up to all you folks that have or want a BlackStone grill, they have released their NG conversion kit. So anyone that’s been wishing they did a NG version, well your wish has come true! :cheers:

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/natural-gas-conversion-kit/

So with the cooler weather setting in across the country, let’s see some of those indoor recipes that everyone makes during this time.

It’s been a couple of years since I made a batch of chili, (with the move across the country and all) but I set out to make it yesterday.
6 hours in the slow cooker, served up in baby boule bread bowls, topped with shredded Mexican cheese. Yum!!

Hey rob I did a lot of research and found out that the griddle made by Chef camp was the best for me but thanks for the info on blackstone griddle. Btw your chili looks yummy [emoji39]

Sure, it’s a relatively easy recipe to do, about a 1/2 hr prep time, 6 hour cook time.

2- small yellow onions
2- green peppers
2- 2-1/2lbs of 85% ground beef
1-sm can tomato paste
1- lrg can San marzano tomatoes (no basil in can)
1-cup tomato juice
1-sm can tomato purée (or half a lrg can)
3-sm cans dark red kidney beans (drained)

1- tbsp garlic powder
2- tbsp chili powder (heaping)
1- tsp white vinegar
1-2 (depending on size) bay leaf crushed fine
6- dashes cayenne pepper (to taste)
dash or 2 clove powder (careful with this)
salt & pepper

In large pan brown up the hamburg, separating it as it browns.
Cut up onions and peppers, setting peppers off to the side.
In small skillet, clear cook your onions in some olive oil.
In your slow cooker, combine all other ingredients, spices, peppers, beans. Then add in beef and onions when ready, stir up real good.
Cook 3hrs on high, 3 hrs low. That’s it!

This recipe will easily feed 6+ people, but I break it up into 3 separate meals, freezing 2 of them for later use.
A word of caution on the clove powder. Clove powder is very strong, and can be overpowering in the chili, so dash lightly.

Enjoy :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Final plate with Mac and cheese and pulled pork sawwiches however the buns are smothered with the pork and Asian coleslaw and my famous home made barbeque sauce.
d7112c7218b93d36d41d388cb3f9dd0d.jpg

Breakfast on the camp chef griddle [emoji39]View attachment 88596View attachment 88597
Those Hash browns, I have never got them to taste like in a restaurant, from frozen, boxed dehydrated hungry jack, bagged fresh, electric skillet, flat top gas, covered, uncovered, don't stir, stir, butter , oil, press down, pile in center and don't move and so on, you get the idea.

Whats the secret?

Those Hash browns, I have never got them to taste like in a restaurant, from frozen, boxed dehydrated hungry jack, bagged fresh, electric skillet, flat top gas, covered, uncovered, don't stir, stir, butter , oil, press down, pile in center and don't move and so on, you get the idea.

Whats the secret?

I did all of the above like you did till DW (she is so smart:D) suggested simply potatoes. It sold at our Walmart next to the eggs section and where the pilsbury pie crusts. I have done a lot of experiments but today I just put on the griddle after cooking the bacon so I used the bacon fat for extra sizzle and leave untouched for a while. It was really crispy just like Waffle House. Hope this helps :cheers:IMG_1039.jpg

Infrared turkeys for thanksgiving dinner [emoji884]

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 3
I picked up a Blackstone 28" and cover for about $180.00 using a CyberMonday deal. Looking forward to getting some use out of it shortly.

Chris: How long did the turkey take in the egg? I might want to give that a try.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.