New pool in Jersey...they're here!

I THINK it means that if that breaker is off then both are off BUT if it is on then they can both work together or separately. It just controls the MAIN power to them. Kind like in the house...........my kitchen light/fan is tied to the same breaker as my outlets. My outlets work even if my light/fan is turned off. Does that make sense to you and help you understand?

Kim:kim:
Yes perfect sense! Thank you.

Ok, so Monday we passed our first electrical inspection. I also stopped by to tell the pb that the electrician disconnected the hose from the test gauge and did he want me to reconnect so it didnt fail again. He said he was coming by later to check on things and would do it then and plumbing inspector was coming back Wednesday. He said the next step would be the liner or backfill and he preferred doing liner first so that at least my boys could start swimming. But that with the heat near 100 and the rain at end of week he didnt know what would happen. However, his guys showed up a couple hours later and filled the sundeck with rocks and re sloped parts of the (interior) pool. They were here for about 4 hours.
Yesterday towards end of day I called to ask about hooking up gauge again because I didnt want to fail for something so simple 3 times. He again said he'd do it in the morning. Today when I woke up I checked to make sure it was done lol. Inspector showed up 2 hours later. We Passed! Finally. I called to let them know it too. Was told that they were going to backfill either tomorrow or Friday, but we shall see. Tomorrow is 60% chance of rain all day and Friday will be muddy. But maybe the mud will help with compaction??‍♀️. Next week is rain 4 of 5 days, as of now. So there goes the vermiculite...

Pb showed up at 730 and finally plumbed my slide to the right location. Bobcat showed up at 845 to backfill. Woohoo! Something is being done today before rain starts at 12. Oh yeah! ( Sorry for my excitement, I am just over how long it's taking to finish this pool.)

OH YEAH!!! SO when is the liner going in???????
I have no idea. Fingers are crossed that we're swimming by next weekend. It was pouring today so I dont think they'll be doing vermiculite tomorrow but what do I know. They always show up when I dont expect them to.

That is me some days. Looking out the window and taking pictures. Other days I just sit on the back porch with my music on and watch!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just called my pb to ask about start up chemicals and he said he wouldn't know until they tested the water. Yes, I wanted to know but it was more of a intro to ask about when the next time I I would see them. Which he said Friday, depending on weather. As of now, there is no rain forecasted for a week and no super high temps so we shall see. With the heatwave last week, followed by rainstorms Monday and Tuesday, we haven't seen the pb in almost 3 weeks. Not since they did the collar on the 3rd. Yes, they've stopped by to put on the rest of coping and to clean up before backfill but this should've been done. He says that he just checked on the liner and it's ready. Its absolutely ridiculous. They should be at my house tomorrow to do bottom and put liner in on Friday! I am NOT happy! ?? Thanks for listening tfp...

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats
Hi @KaiBee, congratulation on the pool! I'm also looking to get one built most likely next year and also in New Jersey. Who did you use to build your pool?
Hi @KaiBee, congratulation on the pool! I'm also looking to get one built most likely next year and also in New Jersey. Who did you use to build your pool?
Hi. Not sure if we're allowed to say companies on here but I will message you.

4 guys worked from 8am till 2pm today. Finished vermiculite bottom. Liner Monday... Hopefully. I think they did a great job on the smoothness though!

Attachments

• 20190726_140224.jpg
    20190726_140224.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 100
Is he hanging over the edge??? to finish it?? WOW! It does look awesome!!
Yes he hung over the edge on both sides to finish up something. I was very impressed. He said liner Monday or Tuesday. Just in time for more rain Wednesday thru Sunday....supposedly.

How long does the concrete deck usually take to cure? Mason is coming Wednesday to discuss everything with me. Still up in the air about what we are doing but pretty much sticking with basic gray concrete, maybe saw cut. We are going to add a pad maybe 10x14 to deep end side for a gazebo or something. Going to take concrete almost to fence on left side of pool but continuing the rounded shaped of pool instead of square corners and straight sides. I feel like that would keep with the oasis shape of pool otherwise i would've just put in a rectangular shape pool. I think we're doing 4 feet on yard side of pool and around sundeck. Except where the pool curves in. There I'm thinking of bumping it out a little to put a little table and two chairs on that side.

We put up a 12x12 pop up tent to see what size we wanted. Thinking a 10x14 would be plenty as we only want to put a couch area or something like that.

I'm confused as to what this hose is. It's supposed to be the pre plumbing for the slide but I was expecting a pipe to stick out of the ground. Its connected to my equipment. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20190727_202320.jpg
    20190727_202320.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190727_195211.jpg
    20190727_195211.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190727_201111.jpg
    20190727_201111.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 75
Yes he hung over the edge on both sides to finish up something. I was very impressed. He said liner Monday or Tuesday. Just in time for more rain Wednesday thru Sunday....supposedly.

How long does the concrete deck usually take to cure? Mason is coming Wednesday to discuss everything with me. Still up in the air about what we are doing but pretty much sticking with basic gray concrete, maybe saw cut. We are going to add a pad maybe 10x14 to deep end side for a gazebo or something. Going to take concrete almost to fence on left side of pool but continuing the rounded shaped of pool instead of square corners and straight sides. I feel like that would keep with the oasis shape of pool otherwise i would've just put in a rectangular shape pool. I think we're doing 4 feet on yard side of pool and around sundeck. Except where the pool curves in. There I'm thinking of bumping it out a little to put a little table and two chairs on that side.
I Ithink that’s smart to put curves around an oasis pool. Our first pool was a kidney, they finished it off with a rectangle because of the screen house- always seemed a little odd.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.