hcha2421

Feb 25, 2024
NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Anyone have a 3-6 foot rectangle shaped pool?

Our PB moved up several weeks earlier than expected which is great but we had to move quick. We have a 3-6 foot 16x30 gunite with an 11’ by 5.5’ ledge with stairs to the side of it. Does anyone have something similar? We weren’t interested in a sports pool because my 10 year old wants a slide and loves to swim in some deep but I’m worried it’s not enough shallow to hang out much. The good thing is the ledge is really big and I imagine my 5 year old girl will love that. Looking for some reassurance from people with kids and something similar.

Thanks!

Is the pool under construction or built? Do you want feedback on depths? I'm not sure what your question is.

I can tell you that 3' is extremely shallow. 4' is a good depth for the shallow end.

6' is an awkward depth since it's too deep for people to stand, but too shallow for diving, etc.. I'd suggest 5' or commit to a true deep end.

Make no mistake. The kids will be fish by day 4 and want 20 ft deep. :ROFLMAO:

While my girls loved doing handstands and whatnot in the shallow end when they were little, that time passed quickly and far too much of them is above water now when they try.

Everybody's use is different and all, but we primarily use the shallow end for getting out of the deep end, or more float space.

Congrats and Welcome to TFP !!!! We do it on the cheap and easy and will ride with you every step of the way until poolcare is a joke for you too. :)

It is under construction. I guess I just wanted to hear of people’s experiences with a 3-6 foot rectangle pool and how their kids used the space

It all just moved along much quicker than anticipated and it made me second guess my choices. But we had a pool like this being built when I was a kid right before a divorce that resulted in me never getting to use it. So I defaulted to this choice of pool without much thought. Didn’t know how in depth the decision making could be until coming across these forums and it made me wonder much my kids will like it being more deep than shallow.

Thank you both for the feedback. Im
Sure they will love it 😊

Reactions: Newdude and pjt
It is under construction. I guess I just wanted to hear of people’s experiences with a 3-6 foot rectangle pool and how their kids used the space

It all just moved along much quicker than anticipated and it made me second guess my choices. But we had a pool like this being built when I was a kid right before a divorce that resulted in me never getting to use it. So I defaulted to this choice of pool without much thought. Didn’t know how in depth the decision making could be until coming across these forums and it made me wonder much my kids will like it being more deep than shallow.

Thank you both for the feedback. Im
Sure they will love it 😊
More deep>shallow for kids. My niece went from terrified of water to "Uncle, Uncle!! Toss me into the deep end again!!" in less than 90 minutes.

Reactions: hcha2421
Is the pool under construction or built? Do you want feedback on depths? I'm not sure what your question is.

I can tell you that 3' is extremely shallow. 4' is a good depth for the shallow end.

6' is an awkward depth since it's too deep for people to stand, but too shallow for diving, etc.. I'd suggest 5' or commit to a true deep end.
100% agree. If they haven't shot gunite yet, I would change it 4' - 5'. That's what we have and and it's fantastic. If I had a larger pool, I would have went 4' - 8'. Both of my earlier pools had deep ends and my kids were fish within 4-6 weeks, and then loved the deeper depth for many many years.

My pool builder didn't charge any extra for more depth - pricing was based on surface area.

Reactions: pjt and hcha2421
They have already shot gunite so we’re in it for the long haul. I want to make the best of it by installing a slide in the 6 foot side. I’m glad it will be over my head, I like to submerge and my 10 year old is already 5 3 so I think this will be great. So exciting to get to have a pool in our yard it’s unbelievable 🙃
thank you all so much!

Reactions: Newdude