New Doughboy installed, pump and base mismatched!?

UXO2020

Jul 28, 2021
California
Hello,

After several months and several thousand dollars, we had our new Doughboy finally installed. The trouble is the pump started making a lot of noise. I wasn't there when it was installed, so I didn't see it until I got back home. Please, if there are any professional pool installers reading this, I ask you to look at these pictures and tell me what's going on. As you can see the pump motor isn't mounted to the base and doesn't line up with the bolt patterns of the base. This is caused a lot of noise and vibrations since all of that energy and vibration is transferred right to the fittings. They sent someone out and put a single bolt to hold the motor down. My main question is is this an alternative way to install this motor, are these components even supposed to go together? I've posted these to Doughboys Twitter and emailed both the pump manufacturer and Doughboy and get nothing but radio silence. If there's anyone out there then just give me their $0.02 I appreciate it very much!

Attachments

• PXL_20210710_014020394.jpg
    PXL_20210710_014020394.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210710_014414051.jpg
    PXL_20210710_014414051.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210710_014105624.jpg
    PXL_20210710_014105624.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 18
The installer really could have at the very lest squared the pump off to the base and drilled a few holes if they did not have the correct base.

That base and the bolt down section do not match up, so it looks like a sloppy job. The pump does not have to be bolted down, but the filter needs a base for support. It is functional as is, but if you want a cleaner look then I would just get a filter base and leave the pump on the equipment pad with a rubber mat under it to deaden noise. Which filter do you have?

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like the fitting that's screwed into the pump outlet could be removed and that filter union could very likely screw right onto the pump directly which would move the entire pump over a lot.

Just throwing that out there....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.