Name your Top 5 inventions of all time

I am surprised that folks do not rate highly medical inventions that save lives and contribute to health over comfort inventions.
  • Vaccines
  • Medical Imaging
  • Antibiotics
  • Robotic surgery
  • Joint replacements

I will argue that electricity, like fire, was not an invention and has always been elemental in nature. Electricity, fire, all the chemical elements in the periodic table, atoms, electrons, etc are not inventions.

Discoveries are gaining an understanding of the natural elements of our universe.

Inventions are how we apply human ingenuity to using those elements.
Fair point on that.

Quantum computing has not been developed into a fully functional computer for general use yet, but when it is, it will have a significantly larger effect than almost anyone knows.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My best inventions of all time?

These are a few of the ones i cooked up. Some of them even got used in real products :)
1 - Storage cluster, United States Patent Application 20150355969
2 - Secure data replication in a storage grid, United States Patent Application 20160004877
3 - System and method for point-in-time recovery of application resource sets, United States Patent 7640454
4 - System and method of controlling data center resources for management of greenhouse gas emission, United States Patent 7742830
5 - Transparent Array Migration, United States Patent Application 20150355862

I wish i invented something really cool like the wheel, wine or bread. alas, only geeky stuff came from me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.