Las Vegas Build - It's like butter

The POOL circuit should be your lowest speed (that still allows the swg to operate) and then step it up from there for other functions. By doing this your day to day filtration and chlorination will be done at the lowest possible speed saving electricity. The swg will still operate during other scheduled circuits so long as the schedules overlap.

That really is a lot of runtime at very high speeds. For comparison, I run my pump 9 hrs a day at 1250 rpm and my pool is over double the volume of yours. I'd run it much less then that but that's what's needed for chlorine production and acid dosing from the acid pump.

This Morning tests:

FC 2
CC .5
TC 2.5
TA 180
PH 7.6
Temp 75
CSI .4

I am doing nothing... I think the chlorine is swinging because of our weather.. it was in the 90's - 100 one day, then 80's next.. 90's again, and now, all of a sudden its dropping to the 80's and it rained.. cloudy, etc..

I'm surprised you TA is staying at 180. Are you adding much water to the pool from evaporation?

it was .. funny you should say that... it dropped to 160 today... but our temps dropped substantially.. so maybe it was evaporation? or operator error in counting drops :pukel: It is entirely possibly I have been reporting it a bit high because it turns pink then usually two drops later it turns what I would consider red. I have experimented a bit, continuing drops and usually it will stop changing color at a couple drops past that.

the temp of the pool dropped substantially overnight. ANd we had a huge windstorm,... that.. you guessed it.. dropped a substantial amount of sand and leaves and such into the pool.. awesome time cleaning this morning.

This Morning tests:

FC 1
CC .5
TC 1.5
TA 160
PH 7.7
Temp 68
CSI .35

adding a bit of acid

If you aren't already doing it for the TA test, use10ml sample, 1 drop R-0007, 2-3 drops R-0008 and each drop off R-0009 =25ppm.

That will help save some reagents and will get you accurate enough. Once you drop your TA you can switch back to the standard test.

Hi My name is Rob and I am building a pool to right now too. I nearing plaster and have a few questions. Like you, I have been trying to get some experienced assistance. As you are building your second pool, would you be open to taking a call. Sounds like you have experienced some lessons learned. If you would like to email me, I will PM you my email address. Thx, Rob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi My name is Rob and I am building a pool to right now too. I nearing plaster and have a few questions. Like you, I have been trying to get some experienced assistance. As you are building your second pool, would you be open to taking a call. Sounds like you have experienced some lessons learned. If you would like to email me, I will PM you my email address. Thx, Rob

Rob, If you start your own thread and ask your questions on the forum I am sure there is someone that will be able to answer you.

I will keep a look out for you.

:kim:

Sure

PM me your email :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Great build. Enjoy!!

Thank you!

Last night's numbers and today's numbers are identical...

FC .5
CC .5
TC 1
TA 150
PH 7.6
Temp 68
CSI .26

I was getting low on pucks this morning, so I added two....

I can't believe that its already been 10 days...

I will post some more pics, as my decking is pretty much finished. I fell a bit short on the 3/4" tiles, so I may be ordering a bit more. And a bit long on the 1.5" pavers... so I am trying to think of something creative with the extra pavers..
No one can believe they do not get hot, until they walk on them.. really a unique and amazing looking stone.. once I seal them, it should really bring out some great detail.

Pool looks great! A couple of questions for you:

What size and depth did you adjust the shelf to?

Have you been in the pool? How do you like the 3.5' depth? A lot of mixed reviews on this site about that depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pool looks great! A couple of questions for you:

What size and depth did you adjust the shelf to?

Have you been in the pool? How do you like the 3.5' depth? A lot of mixed reviews on this site about that depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Wet Deck ended up at about 7" I wanted 8, the law is no more than 11 total inches to step so it should have been 6" without a step in it. I could have put a step to make it deeper, but I like the look without a step. If I over fill a bit I get to my 8" anyway.. The wet deck chairs I want work in 5 - 11 inches, so I am happy!! I have not been in my pool, except on the shelf, but I can tell you that I think it will be perfect. My buddy went 3 - 5 - 3, but has little kids and has no problem with adults complaining. If someone wants deeper, it goes to 5..lol..
its 3.5 - 5 - 4. I can float in all of it.. So I am good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.