Las Vegas Build - It's like butter

I was having a similar experience. Somehow FC was increasing over night. I speculate that I was not getting 100% mixing. Said another way, if you add, and measure a minute later, you may get quite high or low readings if the chlorine has not mixed.

Looking good!

Sweet!

tonights numbers...

FC 2.0
CC .5
TC 2.5
TA 125.150
Temp 77 (thank you cover)
PH 7.7/ 7.88

Adding acid as if 7.7

- - - Updated - - -

I was having a similar experience. Somehow FC was increasing over night. I speculate that I was not getting 100% mixing. Said another way, if you add, and measure a minute later, you may get quite high or low readings if the chlorine has not mixed.
I'm just putting in pucks.. And I don't test till half a day later...

You're good. That's a big discrepancy between pH readings?

Yea.. its weird... I even retested the water twice... lol.. I am sticking with the drop method, as it is what I have been basing my calculations on from the start. I want to try and re-calibrate the electronic one... have to find the testing solution somewhere... or test it against another electronic PH device

That's the general consensus with the pH meters... Right or wrong, you don't really know and you have to compare to the drop based test anyway so now your testing pH 2-3 times everytime.

I feel a better approach is to use the acid demand test to see how high the pH is when it's in the higher range of the block.

That's the general consensus with the pH meters... Right or wrong, you don't really know and you have to compare to the drop based test anyway so now your testing pH 2-3 times everytime.

I feel a better approach is to use the acid demand test to see how high the pH is when it's in the higher range of the block.

I'm not sure I know how to do the acid demand test. I have looked on the forum, I just don't know what regents to use.

This morning:

FC 3
CC .5
TC 3.5
TA 150
PH 7.7/8.0
Temp 75
CSI .51

CYA I tested for fun... it has some, just such a small amount that the dot doesn't disappear call it 5

The cover is on, guessing that's why the chlorine is up. Haven't added any tabs in several days...

adding acid as if 7.8 .. the electronic one has gone up every day I haven't acid, but the regent test has only moved up slightly.

The acid demand test use reagents that come in the K2006 test kit. If you got the TF100, then you don't have the reagents to do the acid demand.

You would need the 9056 test comparator, R-0004, and R-0005. It may or may not be worth it to you to purchase these items... Probably around $25 but it will provide you with very accurate pH readings since you can backtrack pH levels to the lower pH levels on the test block which are much easier to decipher.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The acid demand test use reagents that come in the K2006 test kit. If you got the TF100, then you don't have the reagents to do the acid demand.

You would need the 9056 test comparator, R-0004, and R-0005. It may or may not be worth it to you to purchase these items... Probably around $25 but it will provide you with very accurate pH readings since you can backtrack pH levels to the lower pH levels on the test block which are much easier to decipher.

Hmmm maybe I will get it.

Last night

FC 3
CC 1
TC 4
TA 150
7.6/7.8
CSI .35

did nothing

Todays tests.. only tested once...

Pool did get up to 80! got in pool, mainly to seal some of the rock on the wall.. but it did feel good: left cover off.. for the tonight..

FC 3.0
CC .5
TC 3.5
TA 150
PH 7.7/7.87
Temp 78
CSI .41

adding a bit of acid based upon the 7.7

So our local pool supply, Leslie's, had Regent 15, which is the acid demand test for the small tubes (they didn't have the base demand R-016). Going to use that for now. I'm guessing the bigger tube is more accurate, but this is an inexpensive alternative for the meanwhile.

I'm going to the store tonight to start buying Salt... I calculate I need 10 - 40lb bags... I can add salt a week from tomorrow :) and install the IC60

I also received my little robot "MiLleR" S300I - he's already to go, and not a minute too soon, my neighbor's leaves are dropping in my pool, and I'm getting tired of digging them out every day...lol one more week for him to go to work too.

tonights readings

FC 1.5
CC .5
TC 2
TA 150
PH 7.7/7.9
Temp 69
CSI .36

Salt 400 ppm

I thought I would just test my normal water to see what I had as far as salt, so I need to add approx. 350 lbs to reach 3200 ppm.. I'm going to add 200 lbs to see where I am at (a week from now) and then add another 120 if needed, etc...

I also tried the acid demand ... one drop turned it yellow!! but one drop equals about 18 ounces of Acid.... Pool Calc tells me 7.8 ounces.. based upon 7.7 .. acid demand in the small tube might be worth it if I have a major overage of PH.

Home Depot had Solar Salt (blue bag) for $5.28 a bag... our Lowes here doesn't carry it... but they do carry the pool salt for about $6.50 a bag..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.