Las Vegas Build - It's like butter

Odd that you have a lot of dust. You shouldn't have much since the pool was acid washed. Did they also pressure wash the pool?

Brush as often as you can stand and run the pump 24/7 until the dust clears up. Be sure to pay attention to your waterline tile with the brush as well.

Not sure about the pressure wash, although it was wet. I was not at home when they did that part. Part of the dust is the coral dust from the cutting of pavers in my backyard, I am sure..

I will continue to run the pump 24/7 and I will pay attention to the tile too... I appreciate your help!!

Loving the night shots! Coming right along! Soon you will have your yard back with a pool to swim in!

:kim:

Getting there, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

What a classy clean simple uncluttered design.

Good job.

Thank you! Exactly what I am trying for... my house is mid century modern, with current "timeless" colors... wanted to keep the pool the same way.

Test results this morning:

Tests this morning:

FC 0
CC 0
TC 0
PH 7.2
CH 300 (I think last nights reading was this too, I was wavering and posted the lower, but this morn it was same)
TA 230

Temp of pool is 73
CSI says .05

I have the pucks floating since last night.. so hopefully I'll see an increase in TC tonight, and I'll check CYA tonight too.

According to pool math I should aerate a bit to lower TA.

Don't bother with FC and cya since they won't be high enough to measure anyway. Just focus on the pH and TA, brushing, and keep the floater loaded up on pucks.

Thank you Brian, a bit of advice is extremely comforting. Pool is starting to look better... it was clear this morning, but for the sand dunes (okay, a bit of exaggeration) on the bottom... I took my time sweeping this morning.. just a little at a time and wait to settle, all towards the drains... seemed to be much better after... This weekend, I will be able to sweep all day sat, and try and get it as clean as possible.

As a side note, the City accepted NVEnergy's fix on the moving of my power line. And I got my FINAL final..lol could have cost me a lot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can probably let the pH drift closer to 7.8.

Remember everytime you add acid to lower the pH , you are also lowering the TA. One gallon of acid will lower your TA by 33 ppm.

Aeration does not effect the TA, it provides a medium for carbon dioxide to outgas which ultimately forces the pH to rise.

You can probably let the pH drift closer to 7.8.

Remember everytime you add acid to lower the pH , you are also lowering the TA. One gallon of acid will lower your TA by 33 ppm.

Aeration does not effect the TA, it provides a medium for carbon dioxide to outgas which ultimately forces the pH to rise.

I got ya.. so it gives room to add acid by raising PH.. which reduces TA

This morning:

FC .5
CC .5
TC 1
CH 300
TA 200

PH 7.2
Temp 75
CSI .04

So I will aerate today.. and add acid tonight I am guessing...

On another note... It was mostly the duct from the cutting of the Coral... water is sparkling today.. with very little dust, which I believe is still the coral dust now..

Landscaping is going in as we speak... :)

Why did you lower the pH that much?

what should it be? I thought I understood that you want to add acid to reduce TA, what should I lower it to before raising the PH?

Tonight's tests:

FC .5
CC 0
TC .5
CH 300
TA 190
PH 7.8

temp 78

I aerated most of the day to bring it back up to 7.8, before I add acid should I be bringing it to 7.4 or?

adding acid per pool math for 7.4 PH

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.