Large Deck Extension wrapped around AGP. PICS!

WOW! I’m in awe at the size of that thing! Doing a deck build myself right now, I can’t imagine doing one that size. How was the first swim?!
It was great! The bottom is pitted pretty bad. Water sat around the bottom of the pool from when they leveled the ground, and it must have gotten in there and shifted the sand. Couldn't do anything about it through the winter, but now the water should route around the pool since I backfilled one side of it. Other than that I'm obsessed with the pool :giggle:

Reactions: AveMaria472
Any more pics of the progress?

I know I've been slacking! I'm waiting till its all done, gotta finish up the stairs and gates, some trim work around the pool, and a few other details. Deck builder has a lot on his plate in personal life so I've cut him some slack. I plan on taking a massive round of pictures once its all done, including drone shots with the best lighting possible, but i'll drop a few pics in the meantime.

The big rush was it get it done by my son's first birthday party. We couldn't get it 100% but it was definitely usable. Installed a bunch of railings the day before. A few tents and tables up there and we were set. Fit a good 80 people on there no problems!

A few bonus pics of the party, my wife's awesome donut wall and my boy with his smash cake lol

Attachments

• DECK_CAM.jpg
    DECK_CAM.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8768.JPG
    IMG_8768.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8777.JPG
    IMG_8777.JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8820.JPG
    IMG_8820.JPG
    345.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8835.JPG
    IMG_8835.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8846.JPG
    IMG_8846.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8847.JPG
    IMG_8847.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8848.JPG
    IMG_8848.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8850.JPG
    IMG_8850.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8849.JPG
    IMG_8849.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: kimmielea
What an adorable picture of your little man! Oh, and the deck is fabulous, too!!! ;) I love all the extra trim work you added. Our railings went up quick once we did the first one. You get in a rhythm. The angled ones were a bit tricky, and the ones on the stairs were the most tricky! But we just love how they turned out. Our gate was on backorder and FINALLY arrived this week, only to discover that the mounting hardware was sold separately and our rep had not ordered it. :mad:So we still have not hung the gate yet! Getting by with a baby gate for now to keep kids and critters off the deck. Have you had any trouble with necessary parts overlooked and not ordered from Trex? There's no quick fix when that happens since most everything has to be ordered. Anyway, CONGRATS on your gorgeous new backyard oasis! I'll be watching for the final round of pics and drone shots. Oh, and what's your water temp up there in NY? We've had some cooler, rainy days down here in KY and our water is at 78 degrees. Just can't seem to get up over that 80 degree mark yet.

What an adorable picture of your little man! Oh, and the deck is fabulous, too!!! ;) I love all the extra trim work you added. Our railings went up quick once we did the first one. You get in a rhythm. The angled ones were a bit tricky, and the ones on the stairs were the most tricky! But we just love how they turned out. Our gate was on backorder and FINALLY arrived this week, only to discover that the mounting hardware was sold separately and our rep had not ordered it. :mad:So we still have not hung the gate yet! Getting by with a baby gate for now to keep kids and critters off the deck. Have you had any trouble with necessary parts overlooked and not ordered from Trex? There's no quick fix when that happens since most everything has to be ordered. Anyway, CONGRATS on your gorgeous new backyard oasis! I'll be watching for the final round of pics and drone shots. Oh, and what's your water temp up there in NY? We've had some cooler, rainy days down here in KY and our water is at 78 degrees. Just can't seem to get up over that 80 degree mark yet.
The builder handles all the ordering so luckily I don't actually have to deal with doing much work or ordering. I just try to help him out when I can, but I won't do anything unless he's actually there.

As far as the pool, we finally just broke free from a few weeks of rain/cold, but the heater is set to 80 and it does a great job of keeping it there!

All done!! Thanks for checking it out. If you're in the NY Rockland County area, this monstrosity of a deck can be accredited to Sean at Fine Line Construction/Ren. Great guy with amazing woodworking skills.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 35
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9078.JPG
    IMG_9078.JPG
    382.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.