how to dispose of zeolite filter media?

Before you replace the Zeo or sand, what is the reason behind doing it?
Sand and Zeo have been on earth more than a million years, it does not need changing. Maybe a deep clean.

its 5 years old zeo-clear. Pool chemistry was fine and could not get it clear. This included myself testing the water, as well as taking it to the a pool supply store to make sure. Tried using 10% water salt solution as well as zeosand cleaner, but no change. cant think of anything else

Pool chemistry was fine and could not get it clear. This included myself testing the water, as well as taking it to the a pool supply store to make sure. Tried using 10% water salt solution as well as zeosand cleaner, but no change. cant think of anything else
Do you mean you can't get your pool water clear? In that case you probably have the beginnings of an algae bloom. Post your test results so you can get some more help. Don't trust pool store results, the are usually very unreliable. Also fill out your signature with your pool and equipment so we can have some better information.

Just a quick update, I don't have the pool chemicals levels from last season. I haven't opened the pool yet this season. I had posted the question, because if I needed to change the sand, It would make most sense to do it before opening the pool. I did the deep cleaning that was posted. We'll see how it looks over the next week or two when I open it up and go from there. I'll post the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.