foothillsduo

Jun 23, 2023
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Got estimate to replace zeolite to sand in my 25+ filter. Also asked about glass media. Was told for sand it would be $1500 but, thought my filter equipment should be changed if I went with added expense of glass. Another company said equipment would last and I could just replace with glass media. Can't find estimated lifespan info for equipment. It does sit in the AZ sun 24/7. Thoughts?

Got estimate to replace zeolite to sand in my 25+ filter. Also asked about glass media. Was told for sand it would be $1500 but, thought my filter equipment should be changed if I went with added expense of glass. Another company said equipment would last and I could just replace with glass media. Can't find estimated lifespan info for equipment. It does sit in the AZ sun 24/7. Thoughts?
Best media for a sand filter is sand. If there is a problem with algae not being filtered after it is killed, a handful of DE or cellulose fiber added through the skimmer will help remove it. Cellulose leaves little mess when backwashed out and is completely inert. May take a few filter cycles to get the water to sparkle again.
Sta-Rite System 3 tanks last forever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.