Zeolite

Velcro

Jun 11, 2023
Marietta, GA
I had standard sand. It was at least 10 years old. I had it changed just due to the age, but the pool had no issues. The pool company recommended zeolite. After changing to this I was not able to get the water 100% clear, it was cloudy, maybe about 85% at best. Also, seemed like a reaction was happening when I shocked and the water would turn colors as if I had metal. My old sand looked new when it was removed, I decided to go back to standard silica sand. My water is now 100% clear. When I removed the zeolite it was very green. I had my water tested many times and did myself both before and after. Balance was not an issue in either case. Maybe it’s a coincidence, but I am not using zeolite again, seemed to not work for my pool. Perhaps it has to do with where I am, we do have a lot of trees etc around.
You can see the image where I dumped my old sand and the zeolite. Maybe it’s supposed to look like this…

Moved from here.

Attachments

• A0A7568D-FDB3-419A-8EAD-484D524EEF6D.jpeg
    A0A7568D-FDB3-419A-8EAD-484D524EEF6D.jpeg
    589.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1poolman1
Welcome to TFP.

Thank you for sharing your Zeolite experience. We recommend pool sand be used in sand filters and not alternative media.

Unfortunately Pool Company recommendations are often not in the customers best interests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.