Help..diy idea? Current pool cover barely reaches to grab. End up chasing it all around pool to keep sides from letting go

Dp707

Jun 16, 2021
Midwest,usa
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Coleman 18x 48 above ground steel frame pool. The problem is the cover that came with is 'ok'... But.. It seems to be only just big enough to cover it and not enough big to go over the sides down far enough to maintain a good 'grab'on it before it lets go and starts falling back into the pool. This is especially frustrating when most days I have to put the cover on by myself. So I end up chasing it all around.. When I get it back up then I continue to pull the rest of the cover thinking I got it.. Almost there... And then.. Another section starts to pull down and falls back into the pool! I realize that companies only need to give you 'just enough' to fulfill the requirements that it's a cover that fits the pool that it came with but come on! Really? I end up chasing it like I'm chasing my own tail. Then I wind up getting super mad and the whole neighborhood ends up hearing my pool cover -argument- with -myself -session! Lol but seriously frustrated

get a solar blanket (bubble wrap type cover) for summer. they have their own issues but much more useful in the summer and can be used with a roller/reel. the covers that come with these pools while being pretty useless are really more for long term covering like winter.

I tried once putting the cover on that came with my Intex. I tried, then I threw it away. It was just too small. In the summer, I use a solar cover and in the winter, I have a cheap tarp like cover that I bought on Amazon. I bought one size up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.