Help! cloudy pool

Sand filter are great, except to clear a pool after a big algae bloom. DE filters are a pain with algae, but it is short in duration, and the pool clears quickly.

Follow TFPC closely, and you should not get algae.

Took filter apart again to make sure everything was good with filter. Sand looked as good as when we put it in. Which was only 2 weeks ago but since so many people thought the floc I put in pool might have messed up the sand I wanted to rule that out so I now know everything is good with the filter.

Reactions: IceShadow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so I've been slamming for approximately 20 days. Water is still not clear. It has gotten better but still not clear. About to go chlorine broke. Lol. My question now is should i continue to slam or should i drop fc down so I can check ph? Or should it be fine to continue? Or should i drain 50% of my water and refill?

Have you done a OCLT since Sunday?

If you have passed a OCLT, I suggest you drop your FC to 10 ppm and check pH. Then keep FC at 20% CYA minimum while the sand filter works to clear the pool.

I realize. But once you are a couple weeks in, and FC loss is very stable, and you pass the OCLT with CC 0.5 or lower, backing off the SLAM level is acceptable. It is now a clearing project, and sand filters are slow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.