Help! cloudy pool

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Ok -- so holding a FC of 10 ppm will allow you to test pH and keep the FC elevated. If you see any large drop of FC (more than 5 ppm) in one day, go back to SLAM level.

CarolineM

Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2018
Annapolis, MD
If your ladders are removable you should take them out and check them over well, Algae loves hiding in ladders. If you have lights in the pool you should take those out and clean in the niches.

IceShadow

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
At elevated FC levels, the sun is going to burn through a lot. But it needs to stay elevated in order to eradicate any algae. Test as often as you can, no more often than once per hour, and raise FC to the SLAM level as often as you can.

TammyGriffin

Apr 23, 2018
Hephzibah Ga
I think I'm getting close. Only loss 1.3 chlorine last night and cc down to 0.5. But surely used some chlorine yesterday. Used 17.3 ppm yesterday during sunlight. That's not cheap just to watch it disappear.

Mr Bruce

TFP Guide
Mar 24, 2014
Greenville, SC
Did you take the ladders out? Do you have a pool light you can remove as well? Take a real good look in your skimmer, behind your weir door if you have one. This is a classic "hidden algae" case.

Doug'sMom

Jun 12, 2019
Saginaw, MI
Have you tried adding a little cellulose fiber to the filter? It worked wonders to finally clean up the cloudiness in my pool once I passed the CC and overnight chlorine loss tests.