Help! cloudy pool

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
If the pressure is increasing, the filter is working.

I would wait on adding any de until the pressure does not rise in 6 to 8 hours.

I'm not sure what else is missing.

TammyGriffin

Apr 23, 2018
Hephzibah Ga
Thanks. I was just told I should be backwashing at 25% rise in psi. And I haven't been backwashing til it climbs 10 psi per instructions on filter. Don't know if that's where I'm going wrong?

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
It's a judgment call. No absolute rule. If the flow is substantially reduced, backwash.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
That seem mighty soon. Why do y'all recommend so soon? I always heard a dirty filter clean better. Love to hear yalls reason
As James says, it really depends on water flow. TFP uses the 25% statement as that covers nearly all situations. If your pump/filter system is not hampered by only a 3 psi increase, use more. But blindly following a mark on a gauge is not a good idea.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
If after two weeks of the SLAM Process you are still getting a CC of 1.5, please review your CYA level and how often you are adding liquid chlorine to maintain the SLAM level FC. You should be testing and adding liquid chlorine several times a day.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
I would suggest considering a large water exchange to get ahead of what is going on. No way at SLAM level FC can you have this issue with normal conditions.

Up to you. This is a mystery.