Frozen Pool Pics 🥶

Since we don’t normally have a need to winterize our pool, I put 2 tarps over all of my equipment to hopefully trap whatever heat the motor generates. So far, all plumbing is intact. Temp was -2° this morning and hasn’t hit 20° in a couple of days. Power has been cycling off/on ever 30 minutes or so. Thank goodness it’s been on long enough to keep water moving in the plumbing before it freezes. 2 more nights in the teens and then hopefully this is over and all equipment survives. My salt cell is no long giving a reading, but hope that’s due to low water temp.

The tent over my equipment pad collapsed under the weight of the new snow last night. Pumps and filter are empty...heater might make it but one drain plug refused to budge until yesterday. Bottles and pool noodles in skimmers. Heat tape is still getting power so hoping that will help with a few above ground pipes. Normally, this snow would be pretty. We’re still in the teens with more single digits tomorrow. You won Oklamageddon. 1613572478097.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is a balmy 16 degrees this morning...the warmest it has been in a long time. We got quite a bit of snow, too....I would guess around 7-9" on top of the snow from a few days ago. The pool water is at 42 degree and the ambient temp in my equipment shed is 36 degrees; WOO HOO!!! As a bonus, our septic sprinklers ran this morning, too. I think I *might* have won this battle, but I am tired and will NEVER try to battle her again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 52
Sorry folks.... our snow escaped.

Also, you probably don't want to know, but..... Forecast for Sunday/Monday here is above freezing.... Did the north pole move south somehow?

Andrew

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.