Frozen Pool Pics 🥶

911 whats your emergency " My husband fell through the ice, I need help finding the dogs toy" " Is he OK?" don't know haven't had time to check, still looking for the ball"

Those pics are certainly worth remembering when trying to decide whether to fence the pool itself or the whole yard only...

But very impressive what you guys are going through right now. Greetings from summer down under!

Reactions: markayash
Not quite the sort of pics you were likely looking for, but here ya go!

Leaving water in isn't an option up here. See forecast pic. And we've had 10 days below -30ºC already.

No pics of the inside. Only 4-6" of water left in it.

Andrew
Nope. Nope. Nope. It's cold here in central US, but what you have there is insanity!!!

1st prize goes to the first pic of someone in the pool! Come on all you Polar Bears, show us what you're made of!!

On a serious note, let's send out all the warm karma we can to our pool brothers and sisters who are facing this crazy challenge. I hope you and your pools all survive with no [ch]ill effects!
I *almost* did this after heating it to 80 yesterday, but the trip *OUT* of the pool wouldn't be worth it. Sorry. ;)

My pumps are still running (backup generator). Pool cover had a lot of ice/snow. I'll take some pictures in the morning. Too busy today to take pictures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went out to check my skimmer. I couldn’t get the skimmer cover off but I stuck my finger through the hole and could feel the RV antifreeze bottle floating and bouncing around inside there. I stood on the ice on the stairs, but it didn’t budge ... & I’m 6’8” and 230 lbs. Must be thick! 😳
1E5EF664-771C-4118-97C6-CB32CFEE0AD7.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: kellyfair

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.