Construction started 2/3/20

As they started to lay out pavers it hit me we didn't discuss design ... I showed the crew a pic and I was surprised that they were not familiar with this type of design so I had to hunt down a design doc and they were happy to accommodate.

Attachments

• IMG_5350.JPG
    IMG_5350.JPG
    647.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5354.JPG
    IMG_5354.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5356.JPG
    IMG_5356.JPG
    604.4 KB · Views: 105
Question ... The pavers between deck drain and house are in with polymetric sand. How picky do I need to be with pavers being perfectly even? Not sure if you can see in the video, but there are a few places where I can see a paver is slightly higher than the paver next to it.

What I would do is put on a pair of flips flops and slide it along those areas. Is the edge raised enough to "trip" you by "catching" the front of the flip? Do you understand what I mean? Saying that...........that spot by the post I could tell was a little lower even before you took the camera down. They can remove and add some sand where needed BUT make sure they put the p sand back in to lock them back into place.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: MikeFL
I'm really enjoying seeing your build come together. Please keep the pics and videos coming. I'm supposed to break ground in mid-may and this is so nice to be able to give me thoughts and ideas. Your pool is going to be AWESOME!

That difference in height between two consecutive paver surfaces is known as lippage. There should be industry standards on what is allowable. This site (Installation) shows it to be 1/8" (near the bottom, field quality control, section D)

Ultimately, if you are worried about it being a trip hazard, bring it up to the contractor. They should be able to make adjustments, as Kim noted, to reduce it.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That difference in height between two consecutive paver surfaces is known as lippage. There should be industry standards on what is allowable. This site (Installation) shows it to be 1/8" (near the bottom, field quality control, section D)

Ultimately, if you are worried about it being a trip hazard, bring it up to the contractor. They should be able to make adjustments, as Kim noted, to reduce it.

--Jeff
Thanks Jeff!

Ran into what I believe is my first issue with the build ... the paver sub cut the pavers under our patio enclosure and they did not cover our fans / doors.

I let my PM know and he confirmed they should have cut the pavers away from the house and never cut under the enclosure. I told him I am concerned that the fans could be damaged with the dust in the motors and I will probably need the 3 panel doors removed to get the dust that is now trapped below the sliders cleaned out. One of the pictures is taken from inside the house and you can see the dust made its way in via the track

Attachments

• IMG_5375.JPG
    IMG_5375.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5376.JPG
    IMG_5376.JPG
    444.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5377.JPG
    IMG_5377.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5378.JPG
    IMG_5378.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Angry
Reactions: kimkats
I'm really enjoying seeing your build come together. Please keep the pics and videos coming. I'm supposed to break ground in mid-may and this is so nice to be able to give me thoughts and ideas. Your pool is going to be AWESOME!
Thank you! This site has been a HUGE help for me, cannot believe how many pool experts take their time to offer their feedback.

Reactions: Belikin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.