Construction started 2/3/20

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
So close to being done now!! That is a lot of work done right there!

LOL on the chairs...............KIDS! :roll: and all of the shoes off.............no telling what they are doing to do or say next. You are going to LOVE how tired they are after swimming all day though!

What are you going to do to keep the raised dirt in place?

Kim:kim:

Reactions: MikeFL

MikeFL

Oct 5, 2019
Gulf Breeze, FL
So close to being done now!! That is a lot of work done right there!

LOL on the chairs...............KIDS! :roll: and all of the shoes off.............no telling what they are doing to do or say next. You are going to LOVE how tired they are after swimming all day though!

What are you going to do to keep the raised dirt in place?

Kim:kim:
I had to laugh when I looked outside and saw the kids watching! As for the raised dirt, they are going to form and pour a concrete footer on the 3 sides away from the house to hold in the dirt and to hold the screen enclosure.

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
I don't think that will be a 12" deep sundeck, probably 8-9". The depth's mentioned are generally water depth - though you did specify gunite depth. Just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking the water would be that deep. Water depth (average) is to the middle of the skimmer. For sundeck depth, measure from about 3/8" above the gunite (thickness of plaster) to the middle of the skimmer opening.

Reactions: MikeFL

MikeFL

Oct 5, 2019
Gulf Breeze, FL
I don't think that will be a 12" deep sundeck, probably 8-9". The depth's mentioned are generally water depth - though you did specify gunite depth. Just wanted to make sure you weren't thinking the water would be that deep. Water depth (average) is to the middle of the skimmer. For sundeck depth, measure from about 3/8" above the gunite (thickness of plaster) to the middle of the skimmer opening.
I agree on the actual 8-9" depth which is what we were shooting for ... would you say that 8-9 is typical for sun decks?

MikeFL

Oct 5, 2019
Gulf Breeze, FL
9 day downtime between subs, they started on our footer yesterday and should finish today. Also we added 2 foot to the west side of the deck ... the walkway just before the waterfall was tight so I measured and the pool shifted 6" towards that wall. Builder only charged me price for 1.5 foot which I felt was fair.

Attachments

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Looks like it was easy digging except for that one stump. Probably getting started on prime season for pool building down there. More deck space is always good!!

MikeFL

Oct 5, 2019
Gulf Breeze, FL
Looks like it was easy digging except for that one stump. Probably getting started on prime season for pool building down there. More deck space is always good!!
Good eyes, yes it took a couple hours to cut out that stump and rest was easy. I mentioned to our PM that rebar wasn't in this morning, he had expected them to form the rebar and the pour the concrete but that didn't happen. Concrete truck pulled up an hour ago and they poured followed by inserting the rebar in after the fact. My PM said that is not his preference but since we are only going up a couple blocks and we are at 4K PSI we will not notice.

MikeFL

Oct 5, 2019
Gulf Breeze, FL
We are 1 month into the build, yesterday's update: Start on coping and pool equipment installation.

Attachments

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
Just curious - why does the footer look like it's so far below the sand it's supposed to hold in? Is the sand being lowered, or is something else going on top of the footer to keep the sand in? Or is this just an optical illusion? :)